Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Welcome HOME!

We found out on Thanksgiving that Sam was coming home on November 30th due to transfers. Kurt was already scheduled to go to a conference in Salt Lake at the exact time. I decided it was a blessing of perfect timing and the kids and I went with to see SAM!

He had the crazy, long drawn out release I've ever heard of. Tuesday he met mom and dad in the Salt Lake temple {cool!} They spent the day together {visiting area and teaching} and returned him to his apartment that night. Wednesday they picked him up and he spent the day with us. Returned him to the mission home that night {for dinner, testimony, games, etc...} Thursday picked him up for good.

Sam looks great! He seems calm and mature. The kids were so excited to see him. By Thursday he was warming up to them. :) The kids are struggling to know how to pray now that he is home.

Spencer's prayer the next day:

"Please bless Sam on his mission. Oh, no! I mean Merry Christmas."
:D










Karen/Roger & Joseph/Maren represented

It feels good to have him home and know our family is complete {for a little while until Tim leaves. Looking forward to Christmas!!} It feels good to know he served an honorable mission & that he has grown in the process. It feels good to know of the wonderful example he set for my children. We love you Sam! Welcome home thou good and faithful servant.

1 comment:

Karen and Roger said...

1.Spencer's prayer had me laughing hard. :) I don't think God get's too many Merry Christmas' in prayers so that's probably nice to hear. :D
2. The picture of just you and Sam is one of my absolute favorites. Love, love, love your happy expressions and I just love you two.
3. Thank you to Emma for holding our picture and representing Roger and I in the group shot. :)We <3 you too!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...