Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back where I belong

When we got home from Utah late Thursday night we listened to a message from the Stake Executive Secretary. He wanted us to call him back as soon as possible. My stomach sunk. I knew it was for me. I had trouble getting it out of my mind and didn't sleep well that night.

Friday morning before school Kurt called him back. He got off the phone grinning. "We have a meeting with the Stake President at 6:20 tonight. He said, you're in the Bishopric so its obviously not for you." He kept grinning.

I was nauseated for the rest of the day as I tried NOT to think about it. Kurt called a few more times to listen to me skworm. He found it oh so funny.

When we walked into the office the whole stake presidency was there. yikes! After torturing me with idle chit chat they extended a new calling - 1st counselor in the Stake Young Womens. Immediately a sense of relief washed over me and I could breathe for the first time after listening to the message on the answering machine.

"That's great! I love Young Womens!"

"We know." came the monotone reply. LOL

I am serving with Kristen Wilson {P}, Jen Nielson {2nd} and Gwen Peterson {S}. I am really, REALLY excited for this calling. I am excited to be back in YW. I am excited to work with these ladies and other stake leaders. I am excited to say the theme again. I am excited to bear testimony and associate with the youth. I am excited to plan meaningful and spiritual activities {Girls Camp!} I am excited to work with the ward young womens leaders. Did I mention that I am excited?!!

After being set apart we found out our first stake meeting is next Sunday and we have to plan the entire calendar for 2012. Time to jump in ladies!

3 comments:

'T' said...

congrats. sounds like a wondering opportunity an something you will love! your talents have always blessed so many. loves.

Karen and Roger said...

:) this post made me laugh. it's a blessing to serve eh?

mom said...

Praying for you that you can split yourself into many pieces and serve your family, yourself, your God and the YW. I believe in Miracles! P.S. You'll do a fantastic job!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...