Friday, December 9, 2011

Chopped

So Rooster has this issue with me {or anyone else} combing her hair. It results in an episode close to world war III & frankly I'm over this battle.

So...when I couldn't even count the number of tangled rat nests the child had in her hair this morning I decided to solve this problem for both of us! She agreed to the hair cut and I worked quickly before she could change her mind.

Here is the before.

Please note the right side of her hair. The tangle was SO large it was providing a great deal of volume. Can you see it?!?! {looking for some sympathy & understanding here.}

So I was going short. I did the back just fine and then it was time to do around her ears and I started freaking out. I wasn't sure what to do and I had never cut hair this short. Deep breath. And naturally it was taking just about forever and Rooster was getting impatient. I won't tell you how much candy I kept pushing her direction so I could finish.

And then she says, "I don't want to look like a boy, mom."

It's short.

When my friend Kerri saw her tonight her mouth fell open {bless her heart she didn't say anything though!!} Kurt has told her about a million times that she is so cute.

K: Hey, Rudy!
R: What?
K: I like your hair.
:)

He does this every time she walks into the room. What a sweet daddy. So like I said, its short. But can I tell you how SWEET it is to have ended this battle. Deep sigh. So worth it. I think she's adorable.



2 comments:

mom said...

Ruthie I love your new hair cut! So cute! I love you!!! From Grandma Richards

Karen and Roger said...

Agreed! It is CUTE! And so are your poses. :) Some one has you well trained. I'm excited to see all your dance moves too next week! Wahoo! Wahoo! loves!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...