Sunday, March 17, 2013

w11: Female Domination!

March 10 - 16, 2013

The week was all about the BIG events. 

Gender REVEAL! {Monday, March 11th}

I had waited for this ultrasound for what seemed like f.O.R.e.V.e.R. I was starting my 22 week, yikes. Whatever just glad to know now that's its past. So Kurt and I dropped off the kids at school and continued on to Boise for the appointment. The ultrasound was first. Great tech that took ample time to check each part of the baby's growing anatomy to measure and make sure it looked right. No hesitation everything looks perfect. {sigh of relief} Then time to figure out the gender...there was definitely nothing to see in between the legs. Its' a GIRL!! 

It was such a relief to find out it was a girl. Here is a little back log info:


Before I had Lucy I did all of the temple work for our ancestor Jane Thomlson. Each step was a sweet experience. After completing the last step, and the sealing was complete I told Kurt that if we ever had another girl we should name her Jane. 

Some time later we got pregnant with Lucy and found out it was a girl. Kurt didn't like the name Jane or didn't think it fit and so Lucy became Lucy.

Nearly immediately after Lucy was born I continued to feel like another spirit was anxious to join our family. Kurt and I both felt like it was Jane. I was so relived to find out we were having a girl and that Jane could come to our family. With it came {for both of us} a sense of peace and completion. It is a beautiful feeling! I am still basking in that glow! And just so grateful that she is coming to our family this summer.

The plan was to tell the kids when they were finally all together that night for FHE. I had our reveal prepared and had to stay strong not to tell throughout volunteering at the school and Girl Scouts. The kids were the worst! haha They kept trying to get it out of me or get clues. When Kurt got home we got everything set up and did that part of FHE first!

I had a Red Chili Pepper Pinata with a tag attached, "You guys are a HOT mess without me. I can't wait to complete our family." 

Each kid took a turn hitting the pinata to reveal clues of what our baby was. At Emma's turn she knocked out 2 pink pieces of confetti, "It's A GIRL!!" We quickly turned it over to Austin so he could take his turn and bust out the candy, confetti and pink oneies. Emma was the only one who really wanted a girl so it was good she figured it out first. And it was also good that a lot of candy was involved to bring up the excitement level for the boys.







Spencer was still in shock &/or denial the following 24 hours. "It's a boy. I know they are wrong. I'm telling my teacher its a boy." The boys may have been "disappointed" at first but they have been the most affectionate by talking to Jane and giving hugs/kisses to my belly {especially Spencer.} Their true feelings are being shown in their actions :)

    
Romans' Ranches Bull Sale {Tuesday, March 12th}

This is what my bull sale prep looks like Tuesday morning
:

 making 6 dozen cookies and laminating lot numbers for bull pens.

Kelli didn't want to clerk this year so I volunteered to help. So that changed the bull sale a lot for me this year. I sat next to the auctioneer and wrote down what lot number, the price it was sold for and who bought it. Auctioneers talk fast. I knew it would be very important for me to concentrate and not worry about what the kids were doing/not doing. I didn't even help serve food {first time ever.} I know I made mistakes clerking but I enjoyed doing something different and being able to follow the sale. Kurt worked the pens like always plus he served meat which was a first for him. 


It went well and it is always a relief to have it over.

Wednesday I taught preschool {to make up for the bull sale Tuesday.} And got ready for my trip. 

30 is a Girls Weekend Getaway! {Maren's Birthday getaway Thursday - Saturday in San Francisco} 

Thursday
- Left Vale at 7 am.
- Flew out at 9:50 to Portland. Portland to San Fran arriving around 2. Took BART {metro} to Fruitvale station where Margo and Maren picked me up. 
- Hugged and reconnected with wonderful ladies and friends {Margo, Megan, Mona, Maren and me.}
- Enjoyed the tour of Margo's perfectly decorated apartment. 

- Went to The Nail Shop for Mani/Pedis. I even got a pedicure! I know, shocking. I texted Kurt and he asked if I was drunk. HAHA Seriously, though. When they were scrubbing my feet I was sweating and trying not to run out of the joint! {deep breath!} I got a Shelliac done on my hands and feet {it is suppose to last quite a while.} I'm super excited about it! In all it was very relaxing and a great start.
- Back to Margo's for delicious dinner of fresh salad and bread dipped in oil. It was tasty! 
- We finished the night by 30 is crafty...we painted canvas totes. They turned out super cute. I foresee a project with the girls in the future. Great idea Margo.


Friday
- After getting ready for the day we drove into San Fran and stood in line for an hour at Mama's. Luckily the weather was decent, Maren bought some bread to hold us over and the time went fairly quick. The wait was 100% worth it. I would do it again. The most amazing Cran-Orange french toast. {heart happy sigh}



- Checking boutiques, 2nd hand and the over priced Alice & Oliva
- Driving around the crazy steep roads, admiring the gorgeous architecture of the town houses.
- Walking at Crissy Field so we could take pictures of the Golden Gate. Crazy sea gulls and tame sea lions. 30 year olds looking like grandmas with their scarves and trying not to get blown away.
- Gorgeous famous red bridge




- late "lunch" at Pizzeria Delfina and Margo pulled out more stops with her party in a bag. Adorable  mini party hats, balloon and confetti. While we ate our shared cake from Torten Bakery. Definitely the cutest party planner I've ever met.


- Another shop and walk to the "Painted Sisters" before our dinner reservation at Nopa. Super delicious dinner. This was definitely a foodie trip.
- Home

Saturday
- BART into San Fran. Start at Ferry Building to check out Farmer's market. Overload of delicious samples including the purchase of amazing chocolate sauce for Kurt. Settled on yummy open faced cheese sandwich. Ate in the sunshine at the pier.



- Walked up to Union Square and did more shopping {Gap for me.} Finally headed back to home on BART {weary prego body} and ordered our dinner from Burma Superstar.
- Short stop at Margo's before heading to her surprise pop up party at a friends' house. Death by chocolate with the most amazing cake. 
- Off to the airport for me. 


Feeling so grateful to have gone. Feeling so grateful to Margo for hosting such a thoughtful and well planned event. Thank you for being such a delightful hostess. Feeling so grateful to have Maren in our family. I am grateful Joseph married her. Feeling so grateful to all those in Vale that help make it possible for me to get away and recharge with friends and family. Love you all. 





3 comments:

'T' said...

A girl named Jane! Love it.

Joseph Richards said...

Thanks for emailing me the link! I can't believe how much you pack into each week....cool story about the name of "Jane". Thanks for going to San Fran and representing our family...looks like you all had a great time! Love you.

Karen and Roger said...

Margo is so awesome! I wish I didn't get so stressed with hosting/party planning but I do. I'll just have to hire her I guess for all my party needs. :) Foodie trips are the best! Glad you had fun!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...