Friday, June 20, 2008

Instantly

I was looking at pictures of our family vacation to Florida this afternoon. I had to do a double take of one of the family pictures, someone was missing. I counted, there were only 5 & realized I was still pregnant with Ruth at the time of the vacation.

In 6 days she will be 4 months old. In the scheme of life that is such a short period of time but it is amazing how instantly a baby bonds to your heart string for eternity. How you can't remember life without them and your family didn't seem complete. Sweet pieces of heaven.

I hate to say it but Ruth is growing up on me. She loves to have a blanket and snuggle up so deep you can't find her. She held (& played with) her first toy this afternoon. She loves to be with everyone & adores her siblings (its a very mutual feeling.) She is constantly smiling and sweet natured (except when it's time to eat.) Ruth loves to take showers with me, it is very soothing and relaxing for her. She coos and talks almost the entire time. I've been putting her in her crib to sleep this week (because my allergies where so bad) and she has slept through the night ALL week! Awesome (she was only getting up once when she slept with me so there was never any complaining on my part.) I just want to snuggle her as long as I can.

I could go on and on. For all its pain, trials, exhaustion, heartache and guilt motherhood truly is DIVINE, glorious & pure.

2 comments:

'T' said...

I totally agree! For only knowing Eli 6.5 months I can't remember life without him. I am so happy that Ruth is sleeping through the night! Eli -this past week- is pretty much making it through the night too... He really like to party all night long until now. It's SO nice to sleep! zzzz Love, T
p.s. Have you tried OTC Zertec? It worked wonders for Andrea's allergies, pretty much knocked them out completely.

Tracey said...

I'm so sorry that Ruth is growing up so quickly. I want the 1st year to go by more slowly than it does. It's probably a big reason we have 4 kids even with all that morning sickness:) Mary is getting too close to being 1 now, but it's fun to watch them grow and learn so much so quickly. Regarding allergies, have you tried saline nasal rinses? Weird to try, but surprisingly helpful! I used some prescription eyedrops called Cromilin when I lived in an area where I was allergic to every tree in town!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...