Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family Service Night

Vale had a city wide clean up last night. They have a week long rodeo in Vale every year for the 4th of July (I've never been - I'm not that country yet!) So as a family we walked through Vale, picked up trash and pulled weeds. The kids did such a great job even though it was hot and we walked quite a ways. I was so proud of them.

One of the goals Kurt and I set when we first got married was to have a family service project every month. Since we've moved to Vale we haven't been very good at keeping that goal. Last night reminded me of it and the reason why we set the goal in the first place. Service feels FABULOUS! I want my kids to know from experience the joy of service. And what better way to spend some quality family time.

I am rededicated in my efforts to find monthly service projects for my family. You should try it!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...