Monday, June 9, 2008

Don't Blink

So I'll admit it, I'm a country music fan. I didn't think it would ever happen to me but I finally gave in after living in Vale for 7 months. I guess I had to BE country before I could appreciate country. There are so many great songs with meaningful messages.

A current fav is called "Don't Blink." It talks about how life passes by so quickly, before you know it your babes will all be grown with families of their own. If you blink, you'll miss those sweet, precious moments.

This song totally sums up my feelings currently. I'm having terrible growing pains as my baby ventures off to kindergarten in 2 short months. I know this will change my family dynamics FOREVER. I'm not ready for that. But honestly, I probably never would be. He is anxious to go and I'm excited for him as he starts the next stage in his life but it is terribly bittersweet. Before I blink my baby Ruth will be on that yellow school bus along with her siblings. It all happens too fast. I wish I could keep them safe at home forever...sigh....and yet I know it's not the master plan. They need to go and learn for themselves. Who knew cutting the apron strings was so hard. I need to find a way to get a grip!

And then I wonder, have I done my job? Is he ready to go? Have I taught him what he needs to know? Really only time can answer those questions.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm so happy that you have a blog now so I can see your family grow! I had a great visit with Desiree at church yesterday. I loved having you as my VT companion and I really enjoyed our visits with her. I can't believe that Austin will be off to kindergarten too. Time flies with children and I blink too much.

'T' said...

Rachel I'm so glad you're joinging the blogging world! I've enjoyed it so much for journaling and a creative outlet! I'm happy I'll get to see pix of your little family. You have taught Austin so well and he'll LOVE school! Let's hope he doesn't give his classmates blessings (tee hee) that cracks me up! Do you look at our blog? I think I sent you another invite, let me know.
Love you - TiNiEl xox

TulsaT said...

Yea, I am so glad you are blogging. Now I can keep up on all the happenings! Your kids are so beautiful!

Joseph Richards said...

I think Austin will do a great job at school...but it would be hard to let him go....

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...