Monday, June 30, 2008

Our First T-Ball Season

Last Monday was our final t-ball game. I say "our" because I was Austin's t-ball coach this year. The irony of it all! I still have vivid nightmares of my own t-ball days (I hated every second of it!) So needless to say I was very much out my element but the things you do for your kids! My friend Marji and I did it together. The original idea was for our husbands to coach...since they wouldn't commit we stepped up to the plate. She was the athlete and I was the cheerleader. It all worked out. On Saturday they had a end of the season party at the park with lunch and awards.

Austin made lots of improvements by the end of the season. T-ball doesn't come very naturally to him. A lot of it has to do with his age and lack of skills. I feel that Kurt and I haven't done a super job to prepare him. We haven't gone out and played catch with him very often. Most of the time he doesn't want to. He'd much rather do Legos, or checkers (a new found interest that he is naturally good at.) He had fun and wasn't concerned about his lack of ability so it shouldn't matter to me. I know Austin is great and I want him to excel at EVERYTHING he does. We all have different talents and strengths. It was fun to share our first newbie season together!

This picture made Kurt laugh, you can tell Austin and I are related by our cheesy open mouth
smiles. lol

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I love your team pic! You two do have the same smile:) Emily played T-ball this year and LOVED it! Adam was on a team full of little bullies this year for machine pitch, so he wants to do soccer next year. Good for you and friend for coaching! I'm sure you guys made it fun and did great. Where do you get all your energy from anyway? ;)

'T' said...

GO GO GO Coach Rachel Romans... Good for you! I love the t-ball pix. Love Tiniel ~

TulsaT said...

I must admit that I am incredible jealous of all that green stuff in those pictures. I think they call it grass or trees or something like that. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen real grass in ages!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...