Sunday, June 15, 2008

Home

We pulled back into Vale around 11:30 pm tonight after a FABULOUS family vacation. I say FAMILY because originally I was going to do the whole trip by myself (and the kids of course!) But Monday Kurt surprised me and said he had things arranged at work and he was coming too. WOW, this was huge to spend time together as a family away from Vale for multiple days at a time. I honestly couldn't ask for anything better. I have an amazing husband - he is so good to me. I know I take for granted everything is does for our family. It truly meant the world to me that he came with us.

The kids were amazing on the trip - our total drive time was 20 hours over the course 5 days & they did super. Even Ruth who is known for hating her car seat. We played all kinds of memory & "I SPY" (a family favorite) games on the way home. It helped the hours pass quickly but the memories won't fade any time soon.

But more insightful that anything else on this trip I realized that Vale really was home. As we were down in Utah I realized how much I missed the quiet, peaceful nature, the simple way of life and the focus (most of the time) on all things important. And today as the trip came to a close I was ready to come home - to Vale. So what this really means is that I'd better stop trash talking my home town (that still might take some time to get use to hearing!) I can no longer blame my bad days on Vale. It's time to own up!

So just for memory sake I have to write this down...............................
(don't feel inclined to read it - IT'S FOR THE "R" Crew!)

I'm going on a trip and I'm taking...Austin, a Ball, a Cat, a Dog, a Elephant, a Fish, a Goat, a Hat, an Igloo, Jam, a Kite, a Llama, Money, a Nickel, an Ostrich, a Pivot, a Quarter, a Rabbit, a Snake, a Teddy Bear, a Umbrella. a Van, a Wagon, an X-Ray, a Yo-Yo and the whole ZOO!

1 comment:

'T' said...

Rachel, THANKS so much for coming to our sealing on Saturday. It was so good to see you and your hubby. I wish we could have talked more. I love you so much!
Tiniel

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...