Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All things virus & nasty

Fall must be here. I have 2 sick girls right now. For the past 2 days Ruth has had a high fever (104) & has pretty much slept straight. She doesn't want much for nursing & is pretty glazed over. It just makes you so sad to look at her. Poor baby.

Emma had her first ballet class today. She has been so excited (which is such a good sign considering she is a previous ballet-drop out!) She wanted to wear her leotard all day so she was ready to GO at 3 pm when she had class. At 8:20 am she wanted to load up the other kids to go to class! Not yet, sweetheart. But then this after noon she fell asleep which is really unusual for her (warning lights should be going off in my head by now!) So she woke up right before class & was very groggy & dazed. Maybe a tad warm (I wanted to be dreaming it.) I thought she'd shake it off. No such luck. But she did stay for all of her class without making a peep or moving a muscle for that matter. Who said you have to move in dance class? She was definitely feverish by that time.

Both girls are sleeping now.

I always dreaded my kids going to school because the free sharing of ALL thing virus & nasty. And here we are just a few weeks into school (it's actually the 4th week of school but that sounds so depressing to admit out loud) & I have sick kids. Never mind the fact that the actual school child is as healthy a horse. Being a preschool teacher is bound to have its perks in the area of all things virus & nasty. Every time I see a snotty nose I want to run for cover, grab my face mask & fight the urge to fumigate the room with bleach. It all just boils down to the fact that I'm still having a hard time dealing with the fact that I have a child in school.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I feel for you Rachel my kids and I are sick also. (as you know) But I know that we can get through it and maybe come up with some way to sheild our children=) Sorry they are sick.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...