Sunday, September 28, 2008

7 months

We have a new habit of playing with Ruth after the other kids have gone to bed. It's like she knows it's her special time with mom & dad all to herself. I realized tonight when I was tickling her that TODAY she is 7 months old. Hold back the tears. Can I tell you enough how wonderful this little sweet girl is?

Ruth is sitting up like an old pro. Her new favorite trick is to sit up and play with her brothers and sister. The first time I came into the toy room and all four of them were playing together it took me back. She is not an infant any more. She is ready to make her own place in this family.

Two weeks ago Ruth discovered her tongue and LOVES to stick it out. It is so stinkin' cute!

She drools like crazy, is constantly rolling around & is starting to scoot backwards. Her legs always seem to be on turbo speed and never stop moving. She is happy, happy and so sweet.

Since school started Austin has been begging me to take Ruth in for his Show & Tell. Every week that is the only thing he wants to bring. There always seemed to be one conflict or another. But this week we finally made it to Austin's kindergarten classroom. Austin was beaming with pride. It was fun for me to see him in that role; as a student, a member of a group, contributing. He held Ruth on his lap and told a little bit about her. He said one of the thing is loves to do with Ruth is to make her laugh. Then I got to hold her while he tried to make it laugh. She humored him with a smile (I had to wake her up seconds before we went into the classroom so she would be awake for Show & Tell!) The kids thought she was adorable (rightly so) and were enamored by her (as we all are.)

I'm so happy and so very grateful you were meant to be ours for eternity!

2 comments:

janalee said...

Ruth has the most adorable dimples! Austin sounds like a great big brother :)

Unknown said...

Rachel, I love reading your blog. You either have a funny story, and uplifting thought or something great to say about your kids. It always brightens my day! Keep up the great work. And by the way your kids are just too cute!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...