Sunday, May 23, 2010

Closing a Chapter in my life

Today I was released as Young Women's President.

I knew when it came time to be released from this calling would be hard. But I didn't realize how hard it would be. I didn't know that it would hurt. My heart is broken.

Since I found out on May 2nd I have shed more tears than I have water to produce. I have plead in earnst for understanding and peace. The pain is raw and very real because they are special girls and have become apart of me. This calling has become part of my identify. I have found myself in this service. Being void of them, of this service leaves me so very lost.

I told the Bishopric that they were cutting off my arm by releasing me. I asked them to make the changes quickly so the severed muscles were not left dangling in a bloody mess as they prolonged my agony. They got it done. And now it's bleeding.

It will come as no surprise that Kurt continues to be wonderful and supportive to me. Since he is over young womens he received the inspiration when it was time for me to be released and all the changes. I tried not to take it personal and I tried to be gracious in the pain I was feeling so he wouldn't so feel bad. I don't think I was very successful. I have been so blessed with such an amazing husband. Thank You Kurt for giving me the ability and support to serve and magnify this calling. There is no possible way I could have done it without you. My heart is overflowing. I love you.

Today was very hard. The keys literally and spiritually have been given to another. My heart aches and yet the load has been lifted I am comforted and filled with peace. I will be anxiously engaged until the new calling comes and I can start to mend this broken heart, this bleeding amputated arm. And forever will my YW have a place in my heart.

2 comments:

mom said...

You've done an amazing job! We're so proud of yoU! It is easy to feel like your identity is wrapped up in the callings, responsibilites you have. Being a daughter of God, as you already know, is an amazing identity in itself. Shed some tears and a few more, pray and be grateful for the amazing opportunity that was yours. And in time all will be well. I'm sending a really long bear hug to you! XOXOXOXO

Ben and Elaine said...

I'm sorry, I didn't know until I read your blog... I'll echo every thing that Mom said. You have done an AMAZING job. I have been inspired watching you take on this calling and giving it your whole heart and soul. What a blessing you have been to your girls and will continue to be. I'm sorry it's so hard to be released. I do know the Lord will bless you and heal your sorrowing heart. I love ya.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...