Saturday, May 22, 2010

Need to Getaway

Since Christy Ruf and I both have May birthdays and we both were turning the big 3-0 this year we decided we should do something together. We decided on an overnight getaway to McCall, Idaho with the husbands. We booked our time share, found some excellent sitters and headed north.

I'll admit when Friday rolled around I really, really didn't want to go. I was depressed (more about that in the next post) and really just wanted to stay home and hide. It ended up that Doug and Kurt left before us to fix a pivot that was on the way. So Christy and I left after my babysitter got home from work. I really, really enjoyed our drive up together. It was so good to talk with her. I really needed it. It helped me forget about the pity party I was having for myself. Brightening my spirits was probably the best gift I could ask for.

McCall was cold but gorgeous and we spent the entire time eating. I am not recommending The Mill but The Pancake House has been a long time fav.

Thanks for getting away and celebrating 30 with me!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...