Tuesday, May 25, 2010

30

The long awaited, much dreaded 30th birthday has been without a doubt the best birthday ever.

May has been a humbling month for me. I knew the only place I needed to be was in the temple. I invited 30 people to attend the 6 pm session.

Kurt and I arrived at the temple at 8 am. I had a few goals for the day. We quickly got busy and only paused at 12:30 to have lunch in the temple cafeteria. By the time we left the temple at 8 pm I had completed

30 initatories
30 sealings
3 endowment sessions

I LOVE the temple. It truly is the Lord's house and I could stay there forever. Real learning comes as you stay in the temple and serve. What a feast. I would love to do that every month. It was such a wonderful day.



We (Dan, Kelli, Brandon, & Tiffany) had dinner afterwards at Olive Garden. This was the perfect start to a fabulous new decade.

5 comments:

mom said...

Way to go in Idaho! Love it! What an amazing woman you are! I'm looking forward to the next decade and watching you. Karen & I both went to the temple on our bdays too...but we only did one session. Since I'm so old, your idea would mean I would need to be in the temple for days!!! ha ha Love you.

Joseph Richards said...

wow, props to you!

Ben and Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I'm sorry I couldn't celebrate your 30 amazing years with you but I apprecaite the amazing person that you are. Thank you for being a wonderful friend and mentor. You are truly a women of God. I love you.

Maren Richards said...

I thought I'd better leave some time for you to get used to your new age (haha ;) ), but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are great in any decade!

Sounds like you had an amazing time. I love the idea of inviting 30 people. You are the BEST.

Krystal said...

This sounds like the perfect day!!! You are amazing!!!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...