Tuesday, September 28, 2010

PTC

Austin had his first Parent Teacher Conferences on Monday after school. They sent home a paper asking us to list goals for the school year as student and parent. After we talked about them with Senora Mason & Mrs. White they also set goals for Austin. I like it. Goal setting is good, achieving greatness is better.

They had lots of positive things to say about Austin. He is making friends and already becoming a leader. There have been a few minor behavior issues {that are consistent with his behavior at home.} I feel like it comes down to learning how to be responsible. So that is my big push right now, "I love it when my responsible second grader puts away his homework in his folder." OR "Did my responsible second grader..." We'll get there, right???

My concern is to keep him challenged during English week. Obviously it isn't a problem during Spanish week. I start volunteering in the classroom next week. I'm ready and I'm excited. I need to be involved.

Senora Mason read with Austin today and she had high praise for him. She couldn't believe how quickly he is grasping the concepts and reads & pronounces with ease. She is very excited to see how much Spanish he will learn this year. It is always encouraging to hear such comments.

2 comments:

'T' said...

Happy to hear Austin is doing well at his new school. How is K for Emma Lynn? Loves.

Ben and Elaine said...

Congrates Austin! You excel at every thing you undertake and I'm sure you'll make up your mind to be responsible as well, some day... :) Love ya Rachel. You're such a fabulous encourager/supporter. Thanks for your example!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...