Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Something for Spence

I worry about the "middle child syndrome" for my sweet Spence. He is funny and happy and easy going. He is quick to obey, quick to grin and quick witted. But it also makes it easy for him to fall into the middle child rut because some of his siblings require more of my time.

I have wanted him to have something special, his own special activity thing for a while now. He has been doing preschool but...ya know...his mom is the teacher.

I looked into gymnastics a few different times last year but the scheduling never quite worked out. I was more determined this school year (he is getting older) and the fact that we are in Ontario every afternoon also helps.

So today was his first all boys gymnastics class. He has been SO excited. Counting down the days like an eager beaver. He did so well today. I'm smiling just thinking about it. He is such a cute kid! Right before he ran to join his class he said to me, "Mom, I'm going to my very best to do what the teacher says." You could see the determination on his face to do his very best each exercise. He would go back many times to try and practice to get it right. He loved chalking up his hands after every pole exercise. And in true Spencer form he gave everyone a laugh: he was taking his turn swinging on the rings, after three full swings they were suppose to jump down into a circular mat (they called it the doughnut to give you a visual image) and land on their feet. Some how my monkey managed to dive into the doughnut head first. He came up grinning.

I'm glad we've found something special my Spence.






2 comments:

mom said...

Looks so fun Spence! Congrats on doing a super job on the first day! Is that blue chalk on your hands? Keep working hard and have FUN! Hugs n love!

Marti Bair said...

That looks like a very fun place!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...