Sunday, September 19, 2010

Recruiting over Ice Cream

Friday night was Austin's Ice Cream Social at school. I had bought tickets to "Time Out for Women" way before Austin was accepted to 4R. I really didn't feel like I could miss his open house so I gave my ticket to Cindy.

It was enjoyable to have Austin show us his school, visit with his teachers more, get to know more of the parents and of course have root beer floats.

More than anything we wanted to show Emma Lynn the school. She is always in school when we go so she had never even been there. We checked out the 1st grade class room and even met the 1st grade teacher. And the principle came over while we were eating to introduce herself. There was definitely some heavy recruiting going on from all sides. She handled it well. The phase of the night was "I'm going to go to Austin's school in _____________ grade." She gave us a different answer every time. ;)

I'm so grateful we found a good fit for Austin and that he is enjoying it.

He just finished Spanish week with his teacher Senora Mason


Monday he is back in English with his teacher Mrs. White. They will soon be starting a Magic Tree House unit.


In both classes they have been studying SPACE. {Austin is pointing to his.}

1 comment:

mom said...

Que bueno Austin! Happy the whole family could attend and enjoy root beer floats! I was surprised there were no root beer float pics. :-)
I like your solar system!
Seguir trabajando duro! Te amo!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...