Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My SUPER SIX year old

Happy, Happy Birthday Emma Lynn!


September 22, 2004 {Ames, Iowa ~ 8.1 lbs & 20 in}


First Birthday {2005}


Second Birthday {2006}


Third Birthday {2007}


Fourth Birthday {2008}


Fifth Birthday {2009}

This has been almost the most emotional birthday for me yet. {{but I want you to know that I didn't actually cry.}}

There are just so many changes going on with my girl right now. She is really growing up. And it makes me so happy to see the girl she is growing to be. I'm proud of her. My heart smiles when I think about her. And I love our relationship.

One example of her growing up...when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday the maturity of her response took me back.

"Well...I have enough toys so I don't need any more toys. I have enough clothes so I don't need any more clothes.....BUT I would love more shoes...AND a chapter book!"

She got both items she asked for.

She was beyond excited about today, her BIRTHDAY! "Mom, this is going to be the BEST day of all the evers!" :D Do you remember the simple happinesses of youth?

I brought in cupcakes to her class that we had made together.


and they sang to her.


All she wanted for her birthday was to have a mommy date plus her 2 best friends, Jacqlyn and Stephanie. Emma had everything planned out: I picked them up after school.


and had ice cream at Dairy Queen.


Note: ever since her Aunt Marti's birthday a few weeks ago she decided that she wanted a flower birthday just like Marti's cake. Copying is the highest form of flattery.

They colored a wooden flower


used peel licorice to create a flower and other shapes


played Pet Shops (of course!), did a sticker book and danced. They were very anxious for Kurt and the siblings to arrive. {Kurt was on mom duty since I was busy trying to fulfill Emma's birthday wishes. Thanks!}

We had to fit the rest of the activities in before mutual started. So we had Emma's requested dinner {home made mac n' cheese, corn, chicken nuggets & pears.}


Followed by the traditional opening of presents and cake & ice cream.

Using a birthday present immediately. Good pick!


What a beautiful girl you are Emma Lynn. We LOVE you! Happy, happy SIXTH birthday Emma dear.



4 comments:

'T' said...

What a doll! Happy 6th Emma Lynn. So perfectly documented too.

Marti Bair said...

Wow! I loved looking at her baby pictures. She sure has grown up. We love Emma!

TulsaT said...

Seems like just yesterday we were measuring our bellies with toilet paper in my living room, waiting so impatiently for our sweet girls to arrive.

Now they are 6, in school, and fearless. What a ride!

mom said...

Happy Happy Birthday wonderful little Emma Lynn! We love you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...