Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School FIRSTS

Emma Lynn rode the bus to school today. I took her to Katelynn's house so they could ride together. I appreciate their willingness to help her ease into a new situation. Her direction quote about the experience: "The bus ride was so long. We picked up so many kids. I don't want to ride the bus to school or home ever again."



And Austin had his first day at the 4 Rivers Community Charter school. He was put in the Spanish class so there's nothing like jumping right in. There are lots of things to think about and it seems like we've talked about them over and over. It is a very important decision to make in a very short amount of time. I just want to make the right choice for Austin.

He had a good day. Only positive things to say and definitely not tramatic. But he told some class mates, and the principal that he was going back to his school tomorrow. So basically, thanks for this experience but I'm outy. When I picked him up he said, "I have 4 good reasons why I want to go back to my school and one reason why it will be sad not to come back here." I love that he had been thinking, and calculating with his debate all ready to discuss.

{{good reasons to go to VES according to Austin: friends, lunches, 3 recesses, and he doens't have to wear a uniform. The one thing he'll miss at 4 Rivers after the first day accessment is playing games on the iPOD during centers.}}


{{First day at 4R wearing Wednesday's uniform of light blue polo}}

Ideally he would like to go to school at both locations. Unfortunately we are going to have to make a choice. Our game plan is to finish the school week at 4R and then think / talk / pray about it over the long weekend. Remember us in your prayers as we try to make the best choice for my talented Austy boy.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...