Sunday, September 5, 2010

la noticias

It was a very intense week. Big, important, life changing decisions to make.

Our game plan was to have Austin to finish out the school week at 4R (Wed-Fri) and then use the long weekend to make the decision together about his future education plans.

Each day at school got better than the one before. {{He annouced Thursday after school that recess was better today because his uniform shirt was dark blue. What a goof!}}

Friday night he asked, "Can I go to school there for the rest of the year?"

Immediately Kurt and I both felt an overwhelming confirmation of the spirit. What a relief.

We wanted to celebrated his hard work this week so we let him picked dinner {{he chose eating out at Vale's local Mexician ressurant. Totally fitting.}} I also wrote him a card attached to a new box of KNEXs telling Austin that we were proud of him for being brave, working hard and making KNEXions at a new school. His response, "Thanks mom but it wasn't hard." What 7 year old says that after going to school in foreign tongue for 3 days???

Saturday afternoon Kurt and I went to the temple, fasting with this decision. I feel like we have been given an amazing opportunity. I also know that as our family learns Spanish we can become an important tool for the Lord.

We also saw this as an important opportunity to teach Austin how to communicate with the Lord in making decisions. We asked him to fast one meal (his first time) about his decision on which school to join. He also bore his testimony in sacrament meeting. That evening we talked. We asked him how he felt, "I feel good about going to the Spanish/English school." From there we could talk about how to communicate with the Lord.

It was a long week. The first 24 hours after finding out I felt like I was on the verge of puking. {Come to find out Kurt also had similar feelings.} Each day got a little better as we continued to pray, exercise faith and go to the temple until we had confirmation of the spirit. In this process I'm grateful that the school was understanding and gave us a few days to make the decision. I'm grateful that the 3 of us were able to make the decision together with the Lord. And I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to rely heavily on the spirit this week. I'm grateful that the Lord doesn't leave us alone and we can receive love and guidance on our journey.

Now I need to find a good Spanish tutor.

4 comments:

mom said...

Kurt Romans is a good tutor! :-)
Love your example for all your kiddies you set. We are very happy for you and very supportive. Sorry we don't live closer to help out. Que bueno Austin! Te amo!

'T' said...

good luck austin!

Joseph Richards said...

congrats to you guys! That is awesome! Austin will have a great time.

Tiffany said...

Is your Husband not willing to tutor you?

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...