Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ENGAGED!!!

My sweet sister Karen got engaged this weekend!

So this past August she met a boy named Roger McMullan in Montana. They spent the week together and some magic happened...Since that time they have been memorizing the sites of I-15 as they visit each other on the weekends (ah the stress of a long distance relationship. He attends BYU.)



And Sunday {02/20/11 ~ fabulous day as far as numbers are concerned, brownie points for Roger!} he got down on one knee to ask the BIG question after Karen had finished reading their very own "Choose Your Own Adventure" book {did I mention he is a creative genius? Perfect for Karen.}



Naturally she accepted and it was laughter, perma-cheesy-grins, & XOXO for the rest of the weekend.



Extra brownie points for Roger, he proposed the weekend Elaine and I were in town! {Thanks, Roger!!!} It was so fun to share that with Karen and see how excited and giddy and happy and excited she is. {Kurt had to remind me that I too acted like that once upon a time. Jeez I must be getting old.}

The ring is gorgeous.


Emma said, "Wow, look at all the jewels!"


But the couple even more gorgeous. Ahhhhh. So our Kare Bear found herself RogeBear and she's all grown up. Ahhhhh. This whole post is quite tender.

But Seriously, I LOVE you KAREN. SOOOOOO happy for you!

4 comments:

mom said...

Great post Rachel! I love Emma's face as she is looking at the ring! priceless!! The pics are super! Thanks for also taking a pic of the book Roger made. It was fun to see. Of course it was perfect to have a picture w/all the neices and nephews surrounding them!!! :-) Love it!

'T' said...

AH! I have warm fuzzies from head to toe. They look like they belong together. Her ring is beautiful. Their love radiates.

Kelli said...

Congrats Karen! I love the book idea, so creative! And the ring is gorgeous. How exciting for them!

TulsaT said...

Thanks for sharing. There isn't enough true romance in the world.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...