Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gymnastics Meet

Spencer had his first gymnastic meet today. HE WAS SO EXCITED to participate in this event. He has been anxious all month and today was finally the day! I love watching my kids genuine excitement. It is so pure and sweet.


{Luke & Spencer so excited to get started!}

It was a struggle to get out the door this morning and he ran and took his place just as the director picked up her microphone to start. Including him there were 4 boys from his class that participated. There were about a million little girls there. Luckily they kept the boys together and they moved them around the gym to compete in 5 different events. We were able to follow them to each event so we were able to see well and get lots of good pictures {very important!}

They even had two judges {one was a second grader from Austin's school. I thought it was cute they gave them the opportunity to be "judges."} The athletes had to salute the judge before starting and when they finished the routine.



The competed in the following events:

RINGS




PARALLEL BARS


HIGH BAR


POMMEL


VAULT



{The athletes feeling confident in their performance.}

The boys finished quickly since there was only four of them. Unfortunately they waited to present all the awards until the girls were finished. We had to wait over an hour. Luckily the kids found enough things to keep them busy. They called each gymnast by name and they received their ribbons {for each event} and medal. Spencer was beaming. It was definitely worth waiting around for.


"Mom look at my golden medal! This is my BEST day ever!!"

3 comments:

'T' said...

good job buddy!

mom said...

AHHHHHH, so cute! Makes me teary eyed! Such happy, simple joys! Happy Spencer could have a BEST DAY EVER!!!! This is a best day just looking at the pics and reading the event!

Elliot and Traci said...

He's so happy! Way to go Spencer!!

I just did some reading on your blog because it had been a couple of weeks. Should I even have to tell you that I never want you to have to look for a hotel room in Pocatello again?? HELLO! I'm sad that I didn't know you were coming because I would have begged you to stay with us... puke and all!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...