Monday, February 7, 2011

Preschool Pet

After I stopped teaching preschool at the beginning of the year a few moms got together to form a joy-school / co-op type preschool group {we each take a turn teaching it at our house.} We started on January 24th and will meet until May 2nd. It is only on Monday mornings from 10-noon. Spencer has really enjoyed it and I love that he is still getting some interaction and learning with a low commitment level on my part.

Today they learned about Living Things {Plants & Animals.} He came home with his very own pet GOLD FISH! It has been the highlight of everybody's day! He named him Luke and Spencer is very good about caring for all his needs.

With our pet track record I'm a little worried about the life expecancy of little Luke. Kurt gives him a week, tops.



Regardless it is nothing but love for little Luke at our house. {They made a name tag for his fish bowl in Luke's favorite color (orange, naturally!) And Spencer really wanting to give him a job at FHE tonight so he could participate.}



In the morning we are going to google how fish sleep. We have so much to learn to keep up with Spence's expectations and questions. Personally I'm rooting for Luke to survive until the up-coming fifth birthday so he can graduate to a bigger tank with friends.

This kid makes me smile.

2 comments:

'T' said...

Luke is awesome! He is one of those big ol' chunky goldfish, I like those. We had a pet goldfish growing up that lived WAY longer than it should have. It got ginormous and wouldn't die, even thought my mom wouldn't have minded ;) Finally when my mom went through labor and delivery with my youngest brother poor "Monstro" got neglected and staved. BUT, Luke might be related to him, and live until he's big and fat!

mom said...

I had a gold fish in college that lasted a couple of semesters! Long live Luke! What a great pet and adorable, handsome model, terrific and amazing owner!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...