Thursday, November 6, 2008

Disappointment

I should be sitting in the Boise, Taco Bell Arena right this very minute waiting for "Disney on Ice" to begin. Instead I'm sitting at home trying to decide what to make for dinner and keep myself diverted from the fact that we are not going to Disney on Ice tonight.

More than a month ago I heard that Disney on Ice was coming to Boise and I jumped at the chance to take our family. We've been anxiously looking forward to opening night, November 6th until last night...

Apparently the ice isn't ready. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? So opening night was rescheduled for Sunday, November 9th. Perfect. We are leaving tomorrow morning for a family vacation to Washington so we are unable to make any of the other nights.

I've been pouting. It's sad to admit seeing how I'm 28 years of age and "suppose" to be mature and everything. I didn't know how we were going to tell the kids. They were going to be so disappointed. And they were but they handled it a lot better than I. So obviously I need to work on the maturity thing.

I promised to write something I'm grateful about in each post this month. It looks like I really need to tonight.

I'm grateful for my kids who teach me to be a better person, who help me reach inside myself and stretch just a little bit more, who motivate me to become the best form of myself. (And as I've witnessed I'm truly a work in progress.) I'm grateful for ups and downs so I can truly enjoy the ups. I'm grateful the reason that we can't go to Disney on Ice another night is because we'll be out of town on a family vacation (honestly why am I pouting? I LIVE for these moments!) And I'm grateful that going to the rescheduled show on Sunday wasn't even a consideration because of my testimony in a kind and loving Higher Being.

I'm feeling much better having said that. Maybe I'll even stop pouting now.

4 comments:

'T' said...

I'm sorry about the Disney on Ice... I would feel badly too! Where are yo going on family vaca? This way? Love ya, T

apriltime said...

Rachel,
I love reading your blog! You are such a good writer, I can hear your voice as I read! The ice thing is crazy, but I am glad you get to go on a vacation! PARTY! I know the whole family will have a great time.
Love, April

janalee said...

Who knew the ice wouldn't be ready?! Hope the vacation eases the pain of missing Disney. :)

Waite said...

Sorry about Disney on Ice. Washington tho :-) Have so much fun. We would LOVE to go on a vacation together!!! Love, Dawn

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...