Friday, November 14, 2008

Washington Family Vacay

Of course I wasn't going to forget to post about our trip. Life hit hard the minute we got home. I finally had time to go through some pictures. It was gorgeous! I wouldn't mind living in Washington any day.

Friday, November 7th Kurt had to take his contractor's test (to become licensed) in Baker, Oregon. We stopped at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. It was very well done and very informative. It always gives you a greater appreciation for those blessed pioneers.


Late Friday night we pulled into Leavenworth, WA. It is a gorgeous tourist town up in the mountains (about an hour and a half from Seattle.) The town is completely patterned after that of Germany. Impressively done and it was quite nostalgic for me. A small taste of Europe, ahhh.
We spent the next 3 nights at our time share resort in Leavenworth.

We did lots of driving to check out the scenery and beautiful landscape, walking, a local petting farm, the National Fish Hatchery, A Nutcracker museum and a walk through the downtown streets. We loved all their little shops mostly with sweet things to eat!


(I know this is impossibly small but I wanted a quick record of all the different things we did in Leavenworth. Plus I had SO many pictures!)

As I said before Leavenworth is breathtaking. I wanted to capture the beauty as much as I possibly could. I'm sharing a few favorites.








Sunday we drove an hour to church in order to spend the day with Grandma Miles sister, Lorene and her family. We had lunch with them afterwards. The food was delicious and the company superb. I wish we lived closer. I am more dedicated than ever to plan some family reunions this summer!

Monday we left Leavenworth at noon and headed for Moses Lake. Kurt spent the rest of the day and half of Tuesday preparing his inventory for his next business adventure (selling spray equipment.) For FHE that night we watched Madagascar 2 in the theater (practically the only reason Emma came on the trip!)

Tuesday afternoon we got back on the road to head home. It was excellent to get away, to spend time together as a family, to create new memories, to express gratitude and marvel in the magnificent beauties created for us. I'm recommending Leavenworth for your next family get-away!

6 comments:

'T' said...

AHHHH gorgeous pix. I have an aunt who lives in Moses Lake... What a nice vaca!

Cheryl said...

Did you see the pictures I posted for you?

The R Crew said...

Cheryl you've blocked me since you went private! :( I did respond on your blog that I wanted to continue on with the elite group and follows your blog. What do I have to do to join???

Waite said...

Beautiful Photos!!! Matthew wants to move there badly. I don't know if I could handle the cold. I love the scenery and water tho. Have a great day!

Elliot and Traci said...

Ohh your trip looks like it was so much fun. The new pictures you posted of the "sisters" and "brothers" are so cute too. I'm excited to see you all next week. Love you!

Troy and Sherrie said...

What a fun family trip! We have missed the country scenery. You inspire us to escape from the masses of people here in philly. Moses Lake.... I meet people from there all the time. Troy's Aunt lives there, and I think Kacey was from there, too.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...