Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tailor Made Happiness

For those of you who have been to my house know that we have a laundry chute in our upstairs bathroom. Very cool, very fun, very handy, etc... The only draw back...it is the very first thing you see when you walk down stairs - my Mt. Everest piles of laundry waiting...always waiting to be done. It was so ugly and depressing to me. My mom gave me the fabulous idea to put up a screen and hide the laundry baskets. I searched quite a few stores and wasn't able to find one. Fast forward to our Camp Fundraiser dinner (April 22nd) with silent auction. As we were setting up the Beehive adviser walked in with a screen! Her father had made it and she no longer needed it. SERIOUSLY?!?!!!! Naturally I kept my eye on it and made sure I won the auction (for $15 - score!)

I LOVE walking downstairs now. The screen makes it so much more beautiful for one simple reason. I don't have to look at the Mt. Everest of laundry and feel guilty that I'm never caught up. We're actually in grave danger b/c I DON'T see the mountain so I'm more prone to forget about it all together! But I sure am happy!


PS the fabric can be changed - great bday present or hostess gift idea! ;)

2 comments:

'T' said...

I love cute things that hide messes! Sweet, and you're baby is so cute walking.

Dirk said...

What a steal for $15.00!!! VUNDERBAR!!! I'm so happy for you! The fabric is great, but then I do love blue.

I love you too!

Happy Mother's Day!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...