Thursday, May 21, 2009

Toilet Triumph

For the past few weeks we have been praying for something extra besides the "regulars" (our missionary and soon-to-be-missionary.) That would be Spencer and that he would go potty in the toilet. My mother taught me to pray for everything! In turn I think my kids are getting the same message. Emma had to say the prayer in her Primary class on Sunday and she prayed that "Spencer will go potty in the toilet." I LOVE IT!

Spencer's lack of desire to try and my lack of time to devote to the project made it difficult to be consistant in our efforts. My goal was to recommit as soon as preschool was done. That was this week...

All my other methods were not working, I knew I needed to try something new. Sunday night Kurt and I were talking about it (again) he suggested letting him run around naked in the back yard. I was willing to try anything. So Monday morning that's what we did (btw he did have a shirt on!) I gave him lots to drink and let him mark his territory all over the back yard. He was essentially just figuring out what his body was doing. After lunch he came inside and we put on underwear and the rest has been fabulous! I'm so proud of him, he's so stinkin cute beaming with big boy pride! Way to go Super Spence! And I love the power of prayer.

Since I'm on the subject of Spencer...2 great things he said last week...

~ In the middle of scripture study he pointed to Kurt and said, "Remember, fire is a miracle."

~ During lunch, "We should have named Ruth Cock-a-Doodle-Doo Romans." (said with perfect animal sound effects.)

3 comments:

Dirk said...

So very happy to hear the good news!!! Go super duper Spence!!!

By the way very cute hair cut Rachel! You are even more adorable!

I'm so happy to hear that those wonderful grandchildren in Vale pray for everything!

I love you! Grandma Richards

Elliot and Traci said...

I LOVE that Emma prayed for Spencer to go in the toilet in primary! That made me and Elliot laugh.

I always heard letting them running around naked works... glad it did for you!

'T' said...

That kid is a class act, what a comedian! Good luck with #1 and #2 :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...