Monday, May 25, 2009

Heart Happy Moments

I love those moments when you just stop and look around and sigh knowing you've been blessed with such a good life! Saturday was full of those moments.

I took Austin and Emma Lynn for a mommy date in Nampa to a pottery studio. We each picked out an item to paint and then they fire it up and up a glaze on etc...Austin and I picked out something for Mrs. Wagner (end of the year Thank You) and Emma Lynn a teddy bear bank. It was a blank canvas and we could do WHATEVER we chose. Austin and I did a dinosaur theme (so fitting for his obsession) vase and plate to hold pencils, pens, candy :), whatever! The vase has 2 dinosaurs and says Mrs. Wagner, the plate 1 and says "You are dinomite heart Austin." They are original pieces that's for sure!

Emma Lynn did many colors and had a great time. She knew exactly what she wanted to do and got right to work. Austin finished and was done and ready to go but Emma Lynn worked consistently and enjoyed it. She already has picked out what she wants to do next time. :)

They will be ready to pick up Wednesday night. I'm excited to see how the finished product looks! Great mommy date doing something we've never done before, working together to be creative and create something. Good times.



We also started a rental contract on a 1/4 violin for the kids this week. I started working with them Saturday. It literally warmed my heart to see my kids bowing. ahhhh. Hopefully they'll continue to feel the same way!



We also spent some time playing catch and hitting the ball (in prep for the up-coming t-ball season). I was impress how many Spencer could hit. Austin is gaining confidence. And most importantly we were having FUN together.

I just kept stopping and watching my kids...this is such a good life. I am a blessed woman.

3 comments:

Dirk said...

Looks like you have some great summer goals and projects ahead of you! I like it! The pottery was a great idea. I hope you will post the finished projects on the blog too!

Love to you, Grandma Richards

TulsaT said...

We just had a place open up by us and we are going to go the week before Father's Day and have the kids make Ben something special.

It looks like fun! I will let you know how it goes!

Elliot and Traci said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I left a message on your phone. I'll try to call you again later.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...