Friday, May 15, 2009

Preschool

As of last night my first year teaching preschool is officially over. What a journey this has been. What a FUN journey. I thoroughly enjoyed planning, preparing, teaching, playing and loving the 24 amazing kids in my Caterpillar and Lady Bug classes. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to work with these great kids. We have a lot of memories that I'll cherish. And not only that I feel like as students and teacher we both grew a lot. Thank you for blooming with me!

Of course I cannot let the opportunity pass to thank Kurt who has been completely and utterly amazing. He has been 100% loving and supportive the entire year. I know that I couldn't have done it without him. As ALWAYS you are my rock! Thank you for helping me achieve my goals, see myself in better eyes and dream bigger. I LOVE YOU!

Tuesday night we had the Caterpillar graduation. The weather was miserable. I should have moved the location (we were having a potluck BBQ on my lawn.) I rented a bounce house which was SO MUCH FUN (and completely worth every cent!!!) The kids were happy and distracted from the wind but the parents not as much. Kurt keeps telling me not to worry about it because it was for the kids anyway! After everyone left we played in the bounce house it until we got to cold to jump.


The Caterpillar Class

The Lady Bug class had their graduation on Thursday night. The weather was so much better thus the whole evening was better.


The Lady Bug class

I was not anxious or excited for the school year to end. But it felt like time. I'll take that as a good indication that it was a successful year. I do feel happy and that I was successful. It's a nice feeling. I'm really going to miss the kids going to kindergarten! I'm grateful its a small community and I'll get to see all of them again and again. Plus a hand full of them are coming back next year so that will ease the pain.

So the question I'm asked, "What are you going to do with all your free time now that preschool is done?" In my head I list all the things I still have to do...but yes, I will have some more time...I think scrapbooking is at the top of the list. That and CONSTANT playing with the kids ALL summer long. I'm ready!


Enjoying the bounce house slide - so cool!


Mother and Daughter - we did it!

1 comment:

TulsaT said...

Totally cute haircut!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...