Thursday, March 18, 2010

**Lucky**

Some leprechauns tampered with our breakfast yesterday.


The kids and I tried to make a trap to catch 'em. We put some Halloween sprinkles in the bottom of a large empty hot chocolate tin. Then transformed it into a leprechaun hat. We cut an X in the top of the lid so he'd fall in but couldn't get out. A set of stairs was constructed out of twigs.



The best part was decorating the hat.




The kids made pots (hoping they would be filled with gold) from egg cartons and pipe cleaners.

Spencer wanted to make sure they knew which pot was his so he glued it to the rim of the hat and then wrote his name with an arrow pointing to his pot. Austin used Legos (of course) to build a platform/castle for his pot.

The girls and I enjoyed a nice Mutual with the Laurels at our house. We had a Lucky dinner (green fajitas, mmmmmmm!) I feel so **LUCKY** to work with, serve and love those girls. It's been so rewarding and life changing.



In the end we didn't catch a leprechaun. But he did fill the pots with pieces of the rainbow. Sneaky little devil. Guess we'll have to try again next year! I feel so **LUCKY** my kids like to play with me! They are my gold.

1 comment:

Ben and Elaine said...

Adorable. I loved your table spread, all the green decor/dinner was awesome and the kids 'trap' was too cute. Unfortunately, we were too busy sight seeing to celebrate, I guess we did go to WICKED and she's green... :) You're amazing Rachel, so creative. You're kids are lucky, you always make the holidays memorable and fun.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...