Monday, March 8, 2010

Secret Agent Super is FOUR!!!

The word around the house today is, "I can't believe he's four. I can't believe he's four!" repeated FOUR times all day long!

I wasn't even the one who started it. Promise. It was Austin {which I think is so cute.}

I know I've said it before but this kid is so irresistible! Fun and funny. Kind and cuddly. Smart and witty. And handsome!

First hours together


3 months


First grass experience at 6 months


Christmas streaker in London


1st Birthday!


Favorite bug at 18 months


2 years old


3 years old

[I can't believe how emotional this little trip through memory made me. My baby is growing up right before my eyes. What a little man he's become.]

And TODAY...4 YEARS!
It was fun to have his preschool day fall on his birthday and since I'm the teacher I planned the lesson around him (aahhh the perks for the teacher's kid!) We were Math Secret Agents and everyone got their own magnifying glass. Not much more detail needs to be given!



Spencer's best buddy Braxton spent the day at our house and all was right in Spencer's world. He loves that kid. Just before Austin got home from school I let him open one present - the movie "G-Force." {Which was the original birthday party that he wanted. I felt like Secret Agents was slightly more dignified.}

When dad came home from work we had our family party.

The kids sat down on the couch and introduced ourselves as their instructors for their of secret agent training.

Agent Rude and Agent Dried Up (scary!)

They were each presented with their secret agent badges and Agent names.

from left to right: Secret Agent CROW (as in Rooster), S.A. SUPER (no explanation needed!), S.A. HOSPITAL (her initials are ER as in location and super TV series!), S.A. POSSUM (term of endearment nickname from his father and he won't have to play possum with his amazing agent skills!)

Each agent was I.D.ed and given a MISSION log.


Then the training began! The first task was to decode a secret message. Each agent had their own message. The birthday boy's was fitting. He did really well to figure it out.


The second task (and a family favorite!) was a test of strength and skill to navigate through lasers.







After completing their training the S.A. were handed a T.O.P S.E.C.R.E.T envelop containing their mission. {Stop the evil Romano and find the suitcase before he did!}

The first assignment took them to Canada (the living room), then Japan (bathroom), and then Mexico (play room), followed by Russia (freezer) where they just barely escaped the evil Romano.


{check out S.A. Hospital's sweet attempts to stop the evil Romano.}

After some searching deep in the jungles of the Congo they Secret Agents completed their mission when the suitcase was once again in the right hands.


The suitcase was full of S.A. SUPER's presents which he then opened. And finally much, much too late we had cake (not even ice cream.) So the cake didn't turn out exactly like the vision I had in my head...


Clarification: S.A. SUPER is holding a magnifying glass. There was also 4 secret items hidden in the cake (the "tumors" as S.A. Rude so fondly called them!) that the glass was "magnifying."





Happy 4th Birthday Secret Agent SUPER!

3 comments:

mom said...

I spy a great time! Bravo! O little Spence you are so adorable!
1. Loved all the pictures!!!
2. Great agent names!
3. Cake was clever and cute!
4. Loved all the creative games.
1, 2, 3, 4 the Romans Family knows how to score!!!
Happy 4th Birthday Spencer! Big hugs and love to yoU!

TulsaT said...

You never cease to amaze me.

Elliot and Traci said...

Wow I didn't know about all of the games! I'm sure Spence--and the rest of the kids--loved it. Nice pic of you and Kurt too. :)

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...