Thursday, March 25, 2010

SEW fab-U-lous

Kelli mentioned a few months ago that she wanted to start sewing again. I agreed. And so we asked Tiffany if she would lend her talents and help us jump back on the sewing band wagon. {{Extra loud shout out to Tiffany!}}




Emma's proof that I was indeed behind a sewing machine.

I found a cute {and EASY} reversible bubble skirt pattern that I wanted to try. {Originally I wanted it to be for Easter but I don't think that it's dressy enough for church.}


Kenzie models her mother's handy work. Beautiful!


My girls in their matchy skirts by ME! (the reversible side is a solid turquoise. love the functionality of it.)


All three lucky-new-skirt-wearin' girls

So all I can think to say is that I had FUN. I even made matching hair accessories after everyone left. The company was great, I made 2 skirts that actually look like clothing items and my girls love them and look super cute. What a creative rush and confidence booster!

This opens the door to so many projects if I can keep making friends with my sewing machine. And Kelli might need an early Mother's Day/Birthday/Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanza/Valentine's present! ;)

4 comments:

Ben and Elaine said...

Awesome, I love projects that can be done in one sitting. And they turned out so cute!

'T' said...

those are SEW cute. (cheese wiz, i know). but i am proud of you!

Tiffany said...

Hey I don't look that bad in that picture! Too bad my hair is kinda wacky, but other than that it's a keeper!

THANKS for inviting me! i've been doing TONS of research for our next project and I'm stoaked! I just can't decide on which ONE I want to tackle first!! So many choices!

mom said...

Emma looks so tall in that picture! They just keep growing. Cute pictures, adorable girls, great project, talented moms! Sew Wonderful!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...