Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rooster's CHARACTER at Two

Said simply she IS a character. She has such a fun and dynamic personality. We are constantly and almost always laughing at the funny and adorable things she comes up with. Granted the flip side is that she can throw really impressive fits. She might even be turning it into an art form. But luckily I know that age and gender play a large part in that.



She loves to talk. We are starting to understand more and communicate better as she is starting to have a vocabulary. This has been a process of patience. She continues to tell her animated stories (in Finish) with serious facial expression and large hand motions. Sunday night at Grandma Cindy's she thought there were monsters in the basement (probably because Austin scared her as she was coming up the stairs.) She cried and was very upset about it for 20 minutes. We were back at Grandma's house the next day. She would peek around the corner and look down the stairs real fast. Then run to us in the kitchen and tell us about the monsters downstairs (well at least that's what Grandma and I thought she was telling us about!) And then she would go peek again, come back and tell us ALL about it. This process happened probably 30 times. Each time has dramatic and lively as the last. Ahhh, she makes me happy!

Words she uses often:
Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmm-e (said over and over even after I respond and then she starts singing it.)
Daddy
No
Yes
Brother
Sister
Book
I want candy
I don't want to
I don't want it
water (for every drink)
bunny
more
Shoes
what's that
so funny
Thank you
Coat on
please
Emma
Austin (although she doesn't use this one very much)

I have established that she likes to talk but she is a very vocal about it. The endless chatter is usually at a loud decibel and repeated 48 times. This is only difficult when you are trying to teach or talk on the phone or she is throwing a fit. Other than that we gets lots of laughs.


Random gymnastics show

She loves her bunny. A few weeks ago the bunny became the favorite in her world. {The treasured items have always had a rattle inside...} But what makes it cute is that she can say bunny and talks about it. Bunny is sad when she's crying. Bunny is silly when she's laughing. Bunny gives hugs when she's happy.

She still has a thing for fashion except now it's completely insane. Her way or no way. I lift her up to see the clothes options in her drawer and let her pick out what she going to wear (this includes jammies at bedtime.) She is always disatified with her choice and we go back 3-4 times to look again. She has a pair of jammies that have bunnies all over them. They are her favorite. She is always looking for them. "Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies!" Inventiably it always ends in a wrestling match to get her into the clothes she picked out.

She loves preschool. I joke that I have to start training her now since Emma Lynn is leaving me this fall (sob!) But it's not far from the truth. She does most art projects with us. She is learning to cut. She cleans up after everyone without being asked (seriously? so sweet!!) She can sing and keep a steady beat. The only challenge comes when Miss Personality gets really vocal and puts on a show for her adoring audience.


She had a balloon tied on her wrist from the ward RS dinner. When we came home she promptly went to the scissor basket and pulled out a pair of scissors to cut it off. Check out the scissors in her hand. Personally, I'm more comfortable with her cutting paper.

She loves phones. I rarely know where my cell phone is. But either find Rooster and she's "talking" on it or ask her where it is and she knows exactly. House phones are just as great.

She loves her siblings and is ADORED by them. She really is ruling the roost around here. And we're pretty content to keep it like that. All 4 of the kids play well together. A favorite pastime is trying to get Rooster to laugh - once she does, Rooster starts the show and they sit back and laugh (and laugh.)



She loves to tease her daddy. And he teases right back (I'm pretty the love of teasing came from him!)

Her favorite Primary songs are Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, Teach me to walk in the light and I am a Child of God.

She does this super cheese smile with nose and eyes completely wrinkled up. It is used daily. I love when both hands fly over her mouth when she is overcome with excitement. I love her display of emotions.

She's full of it. She asked me for some cheese so I came upstairs to get her some and this is what I found.

Look at her smirk!



She sleeps through the night now. By rocking her to sleep at bedtime we eliminated her sippy cup all together. Now it's time to start the dental work on her rotting teeth.

She really isn't a baby anymore. [sigh.] I watch her run around this place and can't believe how independent she is. Fine. I guess she is officially a toddler.

5 comments:

sochie said...

I love this post about your little girl. She seems like a cute little one of a kind that i hope i get to meet someday. in fact, your whole family seems like such a fun bunch! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, let me know the next time your in VA.

Elliot and Traci said...

LOVE the post. LOVE Rooster Girl. She was so cute when I watched your kids when you were at mutual. The other three were pretty into G-Force, but she sat with me and played with Madison and told me all about her bunny and looked through all of the pictures on my phone and said "Who's that?" even when she knew the answer. And then when I got to the picture of you and Kurt she'd say "MOMMY!" and then "DADDY!" with the biggest smile on her face. I think it might have even been the scrunched up nose smile. What a wonderful little girl.

'T' said...

how cute is this post about you sweet baby girl??

Ben and Elaine said...

Love it, Rachel. Was this post written due to the previous 'guilty feelings of not having a baby book for Ruthie?' Whatever the reason, I'm glad you did it, I'm sure you'll both appreciate it later when she's all grown up... she's adorable! :)

Kelli said...

We love your Rooster girla! So glad you let her come over and play last night.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...