Friday, March 20, 2015

All About Spencer

March 8-14, 2015

Sunday 03.08
Happy 9th Birthday Spencer Gene!


 Hahaha he isn't really a morning person. 

 one present to open before church. 25 pokemon critters

I went to sacrament and then came home to rest. In hindsight it was too much. I was in a lot of pain by the end of the meeting. Jane sported her first pigtails to church though. Grandma stayed with her during all of nursery. She liked having her there and stayed on her lap, lots of craziness happening at home makes for a little uncertainty. Glad they can bond. 

After Kurt got home from meetings we had the family party before he had to leave for the Ma/Pa trek meeting. I cannot talk about the party without first expressing my appreciation to Emma. She completely and 100% saved the day. Without her there would have been NO birthday celebration. After we realized the extent of the injury I asked her to take over and she did an amazing job. Cute decorations and fun games. And most importantly Spencer had a super birthday and knows how much we LOVE him.  

This is the cake that Dena Cummings brought us with dinner. We had an abundance of dessert at this point and so instead of baking another cake we used this one. I had another package of {different} Pokemon critters to put on the cake and Emma spelled out Pokemon from fondant. Done. Not going to lie, it felt weird not to make a cake but we still accomplished all the important things - singing, blowing out the candles & eating. So many good things for me to learn and my heart is grateful.



To start the games Emma gave Spencer this paper: How to become a Pokemon Master. Each step in becoming a master was a different game. Check out the individualized Pokemon cards she made for each person at the party. She is so clever, my super strength was a kick to the ribs breaking 5 of my enemies ribs. hahahha

1. Learn about your Pokemon {Pin the party hat on Eevee, who is Spencer's favorite Pokemon.}


2. Catch your Pokemon {scavenger hunt - here they are showing off the clues}

3. Care for your Pokemon {build a house for your Pokemon} 


4. Train for your Pokemon {Laser obstacle}


5. Feed your Pokemon {different Pokemon themed food}

6. Meet your Pokemon Master {Who knows Spencer best. Grandma came up with the questions and admittedly it was hard. Austin won with 7/12}

Opening Presents {I only had 3 small things purchased before the accident. So Kurt was in-charge of getting a few other things. The nerf gun and lego set he picked were perfect. He may have a new birthday job.} Meanwhile grandma was completely on point with ALL Pokemon presents. She's always good like that.  

New Nerf Gun! Now the battles can really begin




Thanks Emma for planning such a great birthday!

FYI Spencer's favorites at NINE
Food: mashed potatoes
Color: blue, purple, green
Book: non fiction {specifically animals}
Movie: Planet Earth
Friends: Braxton, David, and Maria
Thing to do: explore and read  
Talent: Being Awesome!

Spence you are such an important part of our family. We love your smile, that you share it often, that your love animals and are so knowledgeable about them, that you jump in to help when its time to work, that you care about others and that your laughter makes us all so happy. WE LOVE YOU!

And from this point it will be the shortest blog entry ever. I was a very good patient and RESTED all week. I didn't get in the car OR put on a bra {which is currently so painful} for 6 days in a row. I don't think that has ever happened in my adult life. I am so grateful for my parents coming this week to help. I know we would have survived if they hadn't come but it would have been a messy, ugly process. Instead the little girls are well bonded with grandma & grandpa, I feel a million times better than I did a week ago {because I actually did rest.} Thanks for doing all the driving, cleaning, organizing, reading, hugging, diaper changing, planting, shopping, dishes washing, cooking and loving. I will be forever grateful!!

Playing Hide & Seek with Grandma
 found you!
Lucy's hiding spot
Reading endless books
 planting yarro
 showing grandma her scrapbook
 Collage Ruth made in GS.
friends talking to each other
 Jane found my stash of chocolates
 Food continued to roll in so that was nice my parents didn't have to cook either.
Cutest delivered meal award right here.

Tuesday was the Bull sale. It was weird to not be involved at all with it. It was a great success. Grandpa Richards picked up the kids from school early and dropped them off at the sale so they could participant. The first bull sold for $10,000. The average being $6,500. So happy for them! 

 

Emma choose to go to art instead of the sale. She came home in time to love on Annie Ruf.
 
Super cute and fun "Broken Bones" care package arrived from the McMullans.
{PS Lucy is now addicted to the chocolate calcium chews!}


Wednesday evening Grandma Ruth Miles passed away at Pioneer Place nursing home in Vale. We will miss her. But when I think of the reunion happening right now in heaven it brings me a lot of joy. I am eternally grateful for the knowledge I have that families are forever. Death is not the end.

My mom spent a lot of time making meals to stock my freezer. This was my request. This makes me so happy. I know it will be such a blessing the up-coming month as I continue to heal and my family continues to want to eat every day. THANK YOU MOM! 


This little loves legos
Grandma & Grandpa Romans brought this beautiful bunch when they came to visit
snuggles
Love watching their creativity

Friday Jamie and the boys came to plant a garden for us. Seriously, how nice is that? Ruth claimed the job of watering since she doesn't have an animal responsibility. She takes it seriously. Emma immediately got to work making vegetable name sticks. 




Jane approves!

This one loves being outside. I enjoyed it too, my first time going outside all week. The sunshine felt good.

That evening Austin had a dodgeball tournament at OMS. Four Rivers had put together 2 teams for this one night competition. Austin had a GREAT time with friends. I'm grateful for people to take time to put together fun and wholesome activities for kids. Kurt had a meeting in Ontario and finished in time to watch, cheer and bring him home.



 

 Ruth and I tried to have a mommy-date after school doing her knitting loom in my room. It didn't go very well. Our time together ended with her throwing it across the room and then stepping on a piece of glass. There were lots of tears and screaming. It will be easy to top that mommy date next time.

This moment was much more magical. Reading does that.

My parents left Saturday morning. What a wonderful week. We are all so grateful to them. THANK YOU!


Meal from Jance after my parents left - and it was 03.14 - Pi Day!

Shortly after the 4H pigs arrived from Marshall's girls. The kids were very excited about it. Lucy and Spence are claiming the other 2 pigs. Emma named her's Porkypine. Spence named his Little Willy and Lucy named her Princess Piggy Heart Love. They have grand plans for these little piggies. 


As soon as she finished with the pigs Emma got ready for a girls day out with Kerri, Caitlin and Myca. They had lunch, watched the new "Cinderella" and went shopping. I gave Emma money from planning Spencer's birthday party to spend {usually all the money, after tithing, goes into her savings account.} She was so excited to show me her purchases from Old Navy.

Middle School tennis starts next week. Austin is going to play. I'm excited. He seems more excited about it than he was cross country. I ordered him a racket from Amazon. When it arrived I was dismayed to see purple stars all over it. Austin didn't say a word about it and immediately went outside to play with it. Kurt did as me to wrap black tape around  the handle. haha I'll have to get to that before his first match.... 
Amber Duncan met with him that morning at the HS to give him a little mini lesson since he had no exposure to tennis.  


That evening Ruth, Lucy and I went to the Samantha American Girl Tea Party at the Ontario Library. They were so excited to go. Lucy kept asking if it was 5 o'clock yet. Finally it was time and she added the finishing touches to her outfit {pink lipstick and shades.} 



After a reading from the Samantha story we went to 3 different stations. Cupcake decorating, sewing a potpourri sash and learning about games Samantha played. 
 grateful with sewing went better than our last experience.

 Tin can phones and jacks.

 We drank lemonade and ate cupcakes while they drew the winners of the prizes.
Both girls won a set of 6 mini books for their dolls. They were both very excited to be winners.

And the week is not complete without a selfie from the birthday boy

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...