Saturday, March 7, 2015

on my own

January 11-17, 2015

S 01.11
First Ward Conference to Owyhee. We were 20 minutes early. Kurt would have been so proud. It was Janes' first official time in nursery, and not even in our own ward. She stayed for the first hour, getting sader and sadder. During open exercises of YW they brought her to me. Hopefully we survive the back to back ward conferences for the next few months... The rest of the kids did fabulous. I love that they get to go to different wards, meet new people, its so good for them.

Prep that afternoon for the fireside followed by another trek meeting. The fireside was good - it felt great to actually get some information out there and DO something instead of just talking about it for months and months. I think Kurt and I are going to be mas and pas... its a little vague ... The exciting thing: it was Austin's FIRST youth fireside! I totally embarrassed him and took a picture. Hahaha I'm so happy that he will be 12 by the time of the trek so he can experience it. His response after the fireside, "So I'm not going to shower for 3 days??" And I reminded him of that time he tried to not shower for a week!


Stake YW and YM Presidencies and Sister Pratt {Stake Trek Leader.} 
This is looking oddly like a polygamy photo to me. 


M 01.12
Kurt took the kids to school - such a sweet act of love for me. I love the chance to get the house caught up from the weekend. 

We had a cookie rally for Girl Scouts. We did cookie tasting, Twister and a cookie walk. Cookie Sales start on Friday, that is crazy sauce.
We had dinner at Grandma's before Jane, Ruth, Emma Lynn and I went back to the school for GS awards. Kurt met us there. It was short and sweet. The Daisies sang a cute song that they learned for the GS Law. Ruth sang out and was smiling, love that kid! Emma Lynn spoke about what the Juniors had been working on, its amazing to see the progress she has made. Proud of these Girl Scouts.




 We had FHE back at grandmas before heading home. Kurt stayed to watch the Oregon/Ohio game.

T 01.13
Our first real day with the combine classes. It has the possibility to work out well with some teaching so the kids know what is expected. Hibernation den is a great dramatic play area and we explored frost.

After school I took Austin and the 3 little girls home, he babysat while Emma and Spence and I went to Cub Scouts and Activity Days. We played a goal setting game and then made a banner to hang in their room with their goals on it. From the church we went straight to play practice with the Johnsons. April brought them home. Carpooling is great.

 Jane was determined to have a freedom dance after her bath. 

W 01.14
Kaitlin came in the morning so I could volunteered at the school. Spent most of the time in Spencer's class and was able to eat lunch with Spence and Ruth.



I had been nauseous all morning and it wasn't getting better so I skipped the running with Maria and went home. I actually called the school and had the boys go to latch key and then took a 2 hour nap with Jane. Say WHAT?!?? Unheard of. Parma 1 had their New Beginnings that night. It would be perfect since I have to pick up Emma every week in Parma anyway. But with Kurt being gone and being sick I could not get all the lines to add up to make it work and get everyone where they needed to be. So I just stuck to being a mom that night. {{And every night of my life.}}
 
Ruth and I made time to snuggle before getting back in the car. Did I mention that Kurt left that morning for SLC for Valley conferences? Gone for 10 days for back to back conferences. I am LOST without him. Hence the pitiful picture of me feeling miserable on the couch. Emma was so proud to tell me that she did a total of 85 sit-ups that night. Her teacher texted to make sure she was alright and didn't hate her.
 I was SOOOO excited to gas up in Parma at $1.99 - now for Oregon to follow suit.

 Th 01.15
Emma woke up crying that her stomach hurt. After I told her to get some pep-to she said it was from the
sit-ups in dance the night before. That lead into a deeper talk {found out she had cried in class but had finished her required amount} about the importance of working hard and making our body strong. We committed to doing exercises together every day to build her endurance. I forget what the 3-year-old Emma was like until these random moments occur. She is a great kid, has made a lot of progress and has so much talent.

The flow was even better in preschool. But we also found out that we would be putting renters in the house which is exciting for the extra money but it also means yet another transition for these preschoolers. Hope we can survive it. I have been spoiled to have my own house to use for preschool. Its super handy!
Dancing like snowflakes {or snowflake queens in Lucy's case}

After school we went to the library to get the oldest two girls signed up for the winter reading program. Look at how each of them is lost in a book. We could spend all day there. All this mom asks for is a pillow, its just so quiet in there...


 Lucy has the difficult choice of trying to decide which book to check out. She ended up with all three.

Emma had art that afternoon while the younger girls did clogging. They were excited to be back at it again.

F 01.16
NO SCHOOL!!! Teacher Work Day, woot woot! It felt oddly familiar, like a return to Christmas break. Like all good holidays we start out in mom's bed. PS this is how many its takes to fill the void when dad is gone.


I got a lot of pictures/blog catch up done so that felt really good. And the kids did a lot of this:

Gaming with buddies

Selfies 
 Dancing with cool hair 
 Napping with friends
 Crafting with hot glue

It was also the first day of GS cookie sales. We made our videos, took our pictures and set to work calling, texting and messaging social media friends. Emma is picking up on my comments so only positive statements are utter about this fun cookie selling tradition!
                  


S 01.17
The only thing on the agenda was play practice from 3-7. So naturally the boys did this

 and I finished writing the Christmas Thank You cards. 

We got snacks ready to take to the practice {it was an all cast pizza party} and headed out. While the other 3 were at practice I had a mommy date with Austin and Lucy {it was the 17th after all.} I love that Lucy is so happy doing WHATEVER if you call it a mommy date. We went to Grocery Outlet first to get groceries for the weekend, and she's telling everyone in the store, "This is the best mommy date ever!" hahaha 

Then we went and watched "Paddington Bear" in the theater. It was a cute movie! I was worried what Austin would think but we both enjoyed it, there was more action than I was expecting, fun. We finished with just the right amount of time to go pick up the kids from their practice.
 While we were watching the movie Jane kept asking me, "Happening, what's happening?"

I really felt the need to capture the every day THINGS that make up the every day and aren't normally considered picture worthy just so I could remember the right now stage of life. Maybe this should really going under Romans Reflections but does it really matter?

Ruth has decided that she doesn't like crust and therefore Lucy doesn't like crust and therefore Jane doesn't .
This picture also shows Lucy's jewels that are everywhere. She is currently wrapping bracelets twice around her wrist causing deep lost of circulation markings. She doesn't care in the least bit. No price for beauty.

 This is Austin's planner. I LOVE that he uses it!!!

Jane's hair. AHHHHHH the back is a constant state of rat's nest. Its soooo tangled and matted. What a mess. And consequently she always looks homeless.


Austin's old binder from last year that he gave to Ruth. That girl is still a lover of paper. Treasures.


I walked by this scene set up by Lucy and smiled. I only wish I could have heard the dialogue that went with it. I would have laughed no doubt!

Jane's blanket. 
She has decided as of about a month ago that she LOVES blankets. To the point where she wants to take one with her in the car and other outings. She will take any blanket. But if you want to make her really happy THIS is the one. She laughs a deep throaty, pure blissfully happy laugh and buries her head in. 


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Jane is so confused with up and down. She points up {like pick me up} and says, "Down."

- She dances in place by raising up and down on her tip toes.
- Lucy was being dramatic about not getting out the car because it was so muddy. My response was that it was not the end of the world. "Yes it is! Today is the LAST day on earth. Tomorrow we will be in heaven with Jesus." Maybe dramatic answers are not the best approach with her.
- Emma taught Jane to say "I know." Like all her new tricks it was adorable so Emma told her, "You're so cute Jane!"  "I know."

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...