Saturday, March 7, 2015

Love is not having to cook dinner

February 1-7, 2015

Sunday 02.01
Lucy was so excited to wake up and open the Valentine's package from Grandma and Grandpa Richards since it was officially February. So fun to be remembered and loved.

Spencer and Emma Lynn bore their testimonies. It had been a long time since Emma had bore her testimony in church. She commented that quite a few people enjoyed her testimony. She was surprised that they would comment {but enjoyed it.} The girls in my class {minus Emma} were in zombie mode. They were acting a little too much like young women... Jane and I went to nursery third hour. We are trying to ease into liking it. The few 2 weeks of nursery in strange wards was a little damaging. So I've got some make up work to do.

After church Kurt took the boys to the Spanish meeting in Nyssa. 3 people from Vale came and even bore their testimonies, as did Kurt. He was very happy.

The girls and I went home and got Valentine's decorations up and dinner started. The kids were so excited to get out their Valentines mailboxes which are filled with love notes every day in February. Sweet Ruth immediately got to work and wrote the best kind of love notes - acts of service she would perform for everyone in the family. My favorite was what she wrote to Emma Lynn, "I will TRY to be nice to you for 20 weeks."


Lucy skipped the decorating and went straight to the bath. In the package from grandma was bath tablets that change the bath color. Of course she requested pink. She was so excited, "It's PINTASTIC!!" She was worried about washing her hair, "I just want my hair to stay yellow."

For the first time in years, really I can't remember when, I added myself to my fast. I'm striving towards having a pure heart.

Monday 02.02
In my scripture study D&C 88:68 practically made my heart sing. As I continued to study that verse I found a direct answer to what I was fasting for. Almost always my prayers, fasting, studying is for others. It was beautiful to have an answer just for me. I cherish the scriptures and my sacred study time in the morning. "Daily scripture study is more important than sleep." Elder Richard G. Scott

Michelle Belnap and girls came over for a play date/Activity Day planning. We have the rest of the school year planned out. I'm excited, we have lots of good and wholesome things planned out. Lucy loves playing with the girls.


Grandma and Grandpa Romans were exhausted after their weekend so we postponed our dinner and FHE with them. We met up with Bill and Cindy at the nursing home to visit Grandma Miles. Lucy put on a dance for all of us because she had taught herself to plie earlier that morning. hahaha That one is always ready to put on a show. We went down to the Catholic Church for the annual Groundhog Dinner. I was excited I didn't have to cook or do dishes.


Spence wasn't feeling well at day and it just progressed as the night wore on. He has been battled stomach issues for almost a month now. Hope he can shake this!


Tuesday 02.03
Our first class in the our new spot - my living room - man this has been a crazy year of transitions! It went wonderfully! I pushed the start time back so that I can help my school kids as emergencies arise but it also allows me to get all the prep work done before class starts instead of staying up until the wee hours of the night. Jane can take her nap in her own bed and for as long as she needs - she slept for 2 1/2 hours. It was so handy to have everything I needed right there. The room worked well and it was fabulous only have 6 kids. Ahhh all of it is a beautiful thing. WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS FROM THE BEGINNING! I feel refreshed and in love again. I remember why I enjoy doing preschool. And I truly and sincerely hope I have learned a life lesson from this experience. Set boundaries that work for my family and situation instead of making it convenient for everyone else.  I feel renewed - I can teach preschool until Jane goes to school now! hahaha

Spence didn't go to school but since I was teaching at home he was able to rest in his room. Again with the perfection. On Monday the 1st graders celebrated 100 days of school! This cute 1st grader has learned so much this year, lots to celebrate.

After she ate her breakfast of a banana and oatmeal she got down from the table and went and put her bowl away in the dishwasher. What a great helper! I love how pleased she is with her hard work.

With Spence not going to school it freed up our afternoon activities - no scouts and we postponed starting drum lessons until he was feeling better. BUT the exciting news of the week...AUSTIN started piano lessons with Debbie Wolfe {she's in the 2nd ward.} This was another awaking I had last week when I was brought down to humility. I was failing miserably at making the time to teach him and was finally able to admit that and find him a teacher. It is at the same time as scouts and she lives a few blocks away from the church so he can walk when I have Activity Days. He was definitely very rusty but its been since the school Christmas recital.... I'm excited to have to him start again.

I didn't have to cook dinner because we had tamales that Beatriz {school janitor} had made. Delish

Wednesday 02.04
Since it was late start Emma took the time to help Lucy accessorize her outfit. She did her hair and added all the perfect pink touches. Lucy was in heaven with the entire process. For the rest of the day she would exclaim, "I'm PINKASTATIC! This is the Best Day EVER!" PS Lucy is a happy kid and she has about 4 Best Day EVERs every week. :) Thanks for taking time to help your sister feel special, Emma Lynn.


I volunteered in Ruth and Spencer's class. There was a sub in Ruth's class {a friend} and so we just visited and Spencer's teaching couldn't think of anything {shocking!} So he read me a chapter book {A to Z Mystery - I'm still in suspense wondering who took the gold!!} I started falling asleep when they switched to math {it never was my favorite.} At that point I texted Maria Weber to see if she could meet sooner to run. I had time to sit with Ruth and Spence for a few minutes at lunch before changing to run.


Ruth wanted me to take a picture of her flag drawing. I love her plaid and floral clothing combo. 


Misty met us too! So fun to get some of the team together on a random cold Wednesday. 


Jane was loving the trains at the library after school. She would giggling as they rushed down the track. Spontaneous baby giggles are some of my favorite.

 Vale 2nd was having their New Beginnings that night so Kurt was kind enough to pick up Emma from dance carpool in Parma while Austin and I did the mutual thing in Vale. Emma had to present the warming up she planned in Ballet 5. She continues to grow stronger in her core workout. She is adding arm strengthening with cans this week. Ballerinas are tough! I love celebrating her successes. We did taco salad for dinner {the hamburger had been cooked over the weekend for easy meal pre.} I don't think that counts as cooking.

Thursday 02.05
We talked about puppy love in preschool. Of course we had some dog dramatic play. Each kid named their dog {themselves}and I made them a dog tag. Lucy chose to name her dog "McKenzie." :)

This image from the back cracked me up. Even a diva when she sleeps. Also take note of the mud caked back window that I cannot see out of. The joy of winter/spring country livin'

Maria Brown is coming to ART with Emma now. We take her with us after school. She is a sweet and respectful kid and I'm glad she has the opportunity to go with Emma AND interact with Sister Wolfe. Then we pick up Adalyn and go to clogging. The girls are still loving it. I see Lucy trying to practice her shuffle step all over the place and if she isn't wearing high heels its her clogging shoes. Its always gotta be LOUD. :) Jane and I spent both clogging classes coloring and doing stickers {our sacrament quiet activity.} She loves it.

Cairo Elementary School was having a chili feed that night. I had bought tickets the week before {from a clogging friend.} But it worked out well because I was able to pick it up on my way home and I didn't have to cook dinner! Kurt met us at the church and we switched vehicles. There was a RS meeting. The night before {at the other wards new beginnings}I saw the leaders from our ward and they asked if I was ready - always, but what specifically? So apparently I was suppose to speak on the importance of exercise, namely walking. No worries! Extra kiddos {always} to my husband who printed off my handouts because we were out of ink. Emma stayed for the RS meeting with me. It was fun to share that time together. I love that she loves to hang out with me.

Friday 02.06
This is what it would look like if I allowed Austin to pack his lunch. Hahaha Actually I wouldn't mind this as much as I do what is currently happening. Trading. With all his friends. Junk food. "Mom don't give me cuties {little oranges} because no one likes them." Its getting harder and harder to get the good food down him.


We had breakfast at our spot {Plaza} with Angelica. Lucy was overjoyed when a nice grandpa gave her a quarter to get a gumball - something she always asked but I never give into.


Then we headed to Nampa to run some errands {Costco and Valentine Prep.}The girls did great with our many stops and we had the time so we went inside McDonalds {has that ever happened?} I think this is the FIRST time Jane has posed for a picture. When I told to smile she moved over by Lucy, put her head on her shoulder and smiled. AHHHHHH the sweetness.



This is what it looks like when your siblings fight and you get the front seat for the entire week. Good week for Spence. He played battle with these two little guys {lion and tiger} daily.
When we got home it spontaously turned into Fit Friday. I needed to run still and Ruth and Spence joined me. They ran a mile. Ruth was adorable. She would cheer herself on, "Come on! You can do it!" I adore her positive self talk - she will go far with that attitude and skill. I ran 3 more after they finished.






When I jumped into the shower they asked if they could do T25 {like I was going to say no to exercise!} Ruth had worked up a good sweat by the time she was finished. She was proud. ;) These things make a mother happy!

 I didn't have to cook dinner because we had plenty of leftover to finish up!

I want to comment about how wonderful Austin has done with his piano practice this week. It has been amazing. He has played "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" endlessly. It is perfected, memorized and recorded on his keyboard. I forgot how much I LOVE hearing him play the piano. And he does it so well. When he plays the hymns it brings such a great spirit into our home, thanks for working hard Austin!


Saturday 02.07
Kurt and I did the 6 am session. We took Cort with us {unfortunately Brit couldn't come.} We spent the rest of the day cleaning, laundry and some Valentine prep. I put together a scripture study about the qualities of love for the ladies I visit teach. It took longer than I had planned but I enjoyed the study.



Look at these matching girls, they are adorable. 

Austin created and took this picture.

When Kurt got home he did some target practice with the boys, They all enjoyed it.



Kurt and I both took a nap before getting ready for the adult session of stake conference. We were able to take Maggie and Tammy with us. I did make cheesy pasta and green beans for dinner for the kids before I left but that's because I love them. The meeting was great and the spirit sweet. The closing song was my soul speaking, what a true blessing the spirit is.

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Austin has started a trend at the prep school. Instead of "pitting" someone he started saying, "Apple Strudel!" I have no idea why. But's its caught on. Not sure if I should feel proud...
- - The kids the "Rhonda Designs" app on my phone. It is mine {and theirs} favorite photo editing app. Spence added this art work this "Big Nate" book which is fitting since they are really into these books currently.
- Conversation:
Lucy: {very serious} I AM NEVER GOING TO GIVE UP ON MY DREAM or it won't come true!!!
Me: What is your dream?
L: To be a princess.
M: Lucy, you already are a princess.
L: I AM??!!
{insert plan of salvation lesson} How fun I can be the one to share the joy that her dream are true!
- Look what someone {SPENCER} had been searching on my phone. You have to admit, they are so cute!

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...