Saturday, March 7, 2015

All About Ruth

February 22-28, 2015

Sunday 02.22
Ward Conference in Vale 2. Emma Lynn and Ruth chose to go to our ward which meant they left with Kurt at 7 am and reverently sat outside his meetings and then attending the Spanish meeting afterwards. Kurt gave a talk on temple attendance. Ward conference went well. I didn't attend my stake meetings because Austin had a Priesthood Preview that evening. Its excitingly surreal. Lucy came with us, she hasn't wanted to be apart from me since I came back from Tucson. Marti did a spotlight on all the boys.

Monday 02.23

Random fun lunch for the girls and I.

We celebrated World Think Day in Girl Scouts. I gave the girl little passport and we traveled to 3 different countries learning a little bit about each, playing a game that girls in that country would play and having a snack from that country. We visited Italy, South Africa and Mexico. We had a lot of fun!


After ballet we met Kurt at Cairo and he took the boys on a daddy-date. The Harlem Globe Trotters. They had a great evening. Kurt said Spence laughed the entire night. hahaha so fun! Austin had straight A's on his progress report and so they celebrated that with milkshakes. Grateful Kurt makes time for them.



The girls had FHE and a dance party {shocker.}

Our first order of Project Life pages created from the app arrived that day. I found Lucy out of bed to look at them {again!} She is just as excited as I am about them.


Tues 02.24
Lucy telling {her version} of Goldie Locks and the 3 bears.


It was the open house at our school's gym. The little girls and I met Kurt there. Unfortately we missed Ruth and Spencer's dances but got to see Emma Lynn. The lunch was tasty and Jane was so enchanted by the dancing that she forgot their was food. WHAT??!! It is a beautiful building. I love our school. What a blessing.
                           

                                       

Spencer and Austin had their lessons followed by Activity Days. The attendance was poor but we finished up our service activity and then the girls wanted to play Red Rover. Go for it!
                                

             
Wednesday 02.25
Angelica watched the girls for me that morning while I had a Doctor's appointment. Many months ago I noticed a lump on the left side of my chest {up high, nearer the collarbone.} Sunday the pain intensified and I felt like I should be more proactive about it. My doctor was able to fit me in on Wednesday. After the exam she wanted to order a mammogram and ultrasound. They schedule that through the hospital and so you work off their schedule, so a couple weeks out. Ahhhh. I asked them to call and see if they had any openings. They didn't but I knew there was another hospital in the area and asked them to call them. Meanwhile I was praying! They came back with an appointment for  1:30 that afternoon. Prayer is real. My heart was overflowing with gratitude. So mammograms are an interesting experience. At least I know what to expect now...slightly invasive. Glad that doesn't have to have again for 6 more years! The results were perfect and so that is a relief. I have a head to toe physical in a few weeks.


                                Pictures Angelica sent me from their play
                    
can you spy the lady bug in Lucy's hair?

Meanwhile Kurt picked up the school kids to keep the ball rolling while I was gone. The girls had their dental cleaning so he did that. They had time so they filled the cavity they found in Ruth's mouth right then. She didn't want to stay for ballet after all that {can't blame her!} The boys rushed off to Hunter's Safety and we prepared for bed and then picked up Emma from Parma dance carpool.



Spence and I made a cake and brownie batter in prep for the Blue and Gold the next day before putting him to bed.

Thursday 02.26
Preschool Pajama Day. This is one of my most favorite days and I probably talked it up enough that Lucy was SUPER excited about it too! Ok. Let's be real, she gets excited about everything. Our snack of pancakes was a huge hit and so was the sugar rush.






We had a quick GS meeting about cookie booths that weekend and then I pulled the kids from school just a bit early so we could go get Ruth's ears pierced. Emma Lynn was 7 and so, if she wanted, she could "officially" get her's pierced for her 7th birthday. The next few days were booked solid so this was her chance to get them done. She came prepared with her bunny, smart girl! I struggled to line up the dots and then it was done. She didn't even cry! So proud of that girl and it looks so super cute on her!!




We ran home to feed the animals and do the fastest cake assemble we could. We were fast but we were still late to drop off Emma at art, and that was a chain reaction for all the activities that followed {clogging.} We made it to the Blue and Gold before the awards where Spencer earned his Wolf Badge and 3 arrows. GREAT work Spencer!!! He was diligent about going to scouts even when there was basketball conflicts and worked hard to complete his requirements. Proud of this great kid.







His cake was the first to go. He really wanted Kurt to buy it and so he did. For $160. It started the night off high and the scouts were able to earn a lot of money. It was a great success. It must be noted that I was asked to bring the Spanish rice for the dinner {they wanted enough for 200 people.} I didn't know when I was going to have time to make that much rice, nor did I have experience in making a killer Spanish rice. And so I called Chavaletias and they made a large batch of rice for the event. It was a very wise and tasty decision.


I struggled this week. Feeling overwhelmed and basically just O V E R the drive, our location and everything. Done. I'm pretty sure I'll be in pieces on the floor next week at this time. So I'm looking at Ontario properties or someone to clean my house.

Friday 02.27
I finally convinced Ruth to let me pull her other front tooth. I told her at the beginning of the week the plan was Ears pierced Thursday, Tooth out Friday, Birthday Saturday. It has been dangling for just about forever. Looking all kind of hillbilly. I wrapped floss around it and jerked before she could change her mind. How fun that the tooth fairy will come on her birthday! It looks so much better. Grateful the repaired surgery teeth lasted. Now to keep her adult teeth healthy.



Jamie and I were suppose to go to the temple but she was stressed with school and quite honestly I needed to be home for a few minutes before all the company came and weekend events hit. So its all worked out. Kinda. I still really need to get her there!

Again I pulled the kids early so I could get the boys and little girls home before we had to start Girl Scout Cookie Booths. We met the Farnsworths in the parking lot, exchanged a few kids and headed home. A few instructions, and then we were off again with Lorna, our honorary Girl Scout for the afternoon. We had Albertsons from 3-9. I didn't get there or set up until 3:45 and we left at 8:30 pm. It was L O N G enough. We had Alioz, Lacatia, and Keele Mason, Ariel, Ayanna and Hailey Martin, and my three. We sold a little more than half of the cookies we brought. By the end of the evening it was cold and we were tired. I'm glad its done.








Kurt told me Spence fell asleep during Hunter's Safety and went to bed {with a fever} as soon as they got home. :(

After the kids were in bed I took a power nap while we waited for Tyler and Bree to arrive. Then I got busy with the birthday preparations. Too bad the week was so busy I didn't have time to prepare before but its life.

Saturday 02.28
Happy Birthday Ruth!!




The boys had a field day for hunters safety. Tyler went with. Spence still wasn't feeling well. I gave him medicine and bundled him up with tears rolling down his face. If he didn't attend he wouldn't get credit and Hunter's Safety is too time consuming to repeat so he had to buck it up for a few hours. So so soo mean, I know. He spent the rest of the day in bed.

The girls were on party prep. Elaine and Bree were fabulous to jump in and help. And of course my little party side kick was in full swing, I love her help. During the party she led all the girls in the games that Ruth had planned which allowed me to finished food prep. 10 girls plus their dolls attended the party. 2 friends from school came which made Ruth and I so happy that they would drive out from Ontario.

All the girls & their dolls


The doll table - Jane thought it was soooo cute!

They decorated a party hat for their doll.

Played pin the hat on Marie Grace & Cecile




















Hopscotch

American Girl Bingo


Decorate a shirt for their doll with patches and iron-on letters

Ate lunch

Decorate their own cake for their doll.


Cake & ice cream





Presents
Lots of fun with this doll salon chair from Kenzie and Grandma Cindy. So much kindness.

And of course we had to end with a DANCE party with the dolls.


Elaine spent a lot of time making this photo prop for me. The American Girl Doll box. We took all the girls pictures in them. Ruth will put them in her Thank You notes. Thanks, Elaine. It turned out so great!

Everyone had fun and Ruth was happy. Success! I'm so grateful to my party crew - I owe them - call me for your next party Bree & Elaine. ;)

Look who I found sneaking a cupcake {without using her hands} during the party! haha

Onto the next project! Laurel/Priest stake dinner followed by stake dance. I was suppose to do center pieces. While I put together cake stands Elaine raided my Valentine's Decor and we came up with enough for 12 tables {although we didn't need that many in the end!}

I finished Ruth's birthday cake and wrapped presents so that when Kurt came home we were ready to do the family party. This girl is a sweet heart and a treasure to our family. She is helpful, kind, observant and I LOVE HER! Happy, Happy Birthday Ruth dear.


So excited to open presents!






Elaine and I then went to my stake function. I'm not going to lie, it was a long night. But I'm so glad Elaine could attend her first ever stake dance. I even made her go out and dance with me {to a fast song.} She was such a great help in the kitchen and a good sport to attend. haha Love you Elaine!


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
Picture Spence texted to my friend Jen.

Valentine's present that Spence made for me in school. It has been hanging in our car for weeks.
It makes me happy.


Random selfies I found on my phone.


Beware of the laser!

- Emma asked what poverty was. Austin replied, "Not being able to buy Girl Scout Cookies."

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...