Saturday, March 7, 2015

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

December 14-20, 2014

Sunday 12.14

Jane wore Emma's Russian dress to church. 
She was a complete doll. Was that dress really given to Emma? 
Glad we have pictures to prove it! 

I had a meeting right after church in Nyssa. Kurt took the kids home and then took youth to the fireside. We actually got to sit by each other. He had tithing to help the Bishop with after the fireside. When I got home there was lots of giggles and happy laughter. I listened for a few minutes, with a smile on my face and their joy of being together. Definitely moment to cherish.

Monday 12.15
After taking the kids to school we finished up some shopping and then delivered 
our presents to the kids in need tree program. 

We took the GS to the nursing home 10 minutes from the school so we could go caroling. It is a Christmas MUST for me. It was good to do something together as a troop and get the girls thinking of others. As we walked down the halls singing Emma was hanging candy canes on each door knob. Grateful for her "First observe, then serve" attitude.


Lucy was so intrigued by the birds.

While I was there I had some brainstorming about a piano situation I've been praying about. 
Excited to see if these ideas will bring the needed change. 

After caroling both girls had ballet at the school in preparation for the recital on Friday. It was fun to see both the new bleachers in the gym AND these happy first grade friends. 


Finished the day with dinner and FHE with grandma and grandpa. It continues to be such a positive thing. I'm grateful it has given my kids a chance to hear their grandparents testimony.

Tuesday 12.16
14 years. It has caused me to reflect a lot this week. Mainly I am humbled that we found each other, that the Lord loved each of us enough to prepare the way and give us to each other. It has been a beautiful ride. Better than I could have ever dreamed.


At lunch Kurt brought me these gorgeous flowers.

 My present was an electric can opener {we have constantly struggled with manual ones.} I covered 14 cans with different reasons why I love him.

We had Activity Days after school. We put together goodie plates {10} 

And then went caroling. I suggested a few people within walking distance that we could visit and then let them decide who else it would be good to visit. For more than half of them it was their first time going caroling. I can't believe that! Glad to show them the way to Christmas light ;)

Afterwards we had dinner at Chavatias, yes the present of not cooking is always appreciated!


Wednesday 12.17
After dropping off kids Angelica and I met up for breakfast at the Plaza Inn. That is our breakfast spot! I don't think all the sweet old people know what to do with our loud babies. Haha Then we decided to go to Nampa. We went to Hobby Center and JCPenny. While there a sweet customer went out to her car and let the kids pick out a stuffed animal {???} Between that and the free lip gloss sample Lucy thought it was the BEST mommy date ever {it was the 17th - perfect timing.} We went for the extra mile and got dollar ice cream cones. Such simple pleasures in life.

The little girls had their clogging recital that night - unfortunately we didn't have their clogging shoes so we went home after school and got ready there. Lucy was uBer excited to wear makeup. She asked almost weekly if she can wear it to class and I always tell her she can when she's on stage. Oh the big day was finally here!









Thursday 12.18
Movie day at school. Kurt woke up and told everyone it was a snow day and school was canceled. Austin looked out the window, "there's no snow dad." It was a very mean joke for everyone. Spence and Ruth signed up for "Lego Movie" {even though we own it.} Emma "Million Dollar Arm" and Austin "Planes, Fire and Rescue." Mrs. Swanson told Austin on Wednesday that only 2 people had signed up for that movie {him and a kindergartener} so they were canceling it. We had a really good laugh about that! He went to Emma's movie. After having lunch with Kerri we watched the end of the movie with the kids.


The rooms were a mess afterwards. I was so proud and grateful to Spence that he jumped up and started to help clean up. A few of his classmates followed his example and we got it looking better. Appreciate this awesome kid!

Emma had Art. Spence and Dad went to the pack meeting while the rest of us supported the Willow Creek Christmas program.

Friday 12.19
This is the day Maria lost her baby Elijah. We have a standing date. We were lucky enough to spend the school day together - shopping and Coast a Viada - perfection. Really feel so blessed to have a friend. It was worth the wait.


After picking up the school kids we went home to get performance ready. Like nearly all pre-performance there was the stress of finding all required objects, making sure hair was done to standard and the struggle of the oldest to just obeying in general. AHHHHH. The stress is worth it - I LOVED the show. My girls stole the show in their ballet classes. Emma is so graceful and Ruth so exact and so much fun. Spencer has always been a great dancer! I'm dreaming up ways to get him on the stage more. :) SOO proud of all their hard work.



So I've been teaching them piano this school year. That too has been a challenge {time factor.} Spencer did great!! He played "Deck the Halls." He was very diligent about practicing and put his time in accordingly. Emma Lynn played "The Christmas Song." It was a harder piece and even though she made a few mistakes she did very well. "Ah mom my hands were shaking so bad the whole time I was playing!" Austin. He gave me an ulcer. He was not practicing anything and didn't seem to care that he was going to get up on stage and play in front of a couple hundred people. AHHH. I pretty much had to sit down with him at the piano for 2 evenings straight to ensure he was practicing his song. I hope we survive. He played "Feliz Navidad."

The entire school sang two songs {one Spanish/one English.} at the end 

Saturday 12.20
Early morning temple session plus dropping off Kelli at the airport on the way. Decorating for the RPM Christmas party. That evening was the party. Every year they get a little bit better. The awkward moments just can't be helped. The ugly sweater contest helped to ease the pain.


Kurt and I had fun with this and were quite comfortable with the style

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- It is clementine season! I'm peeling them by the minute and can't keep up.



No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...