Saturday, March 7, 2015

HACKED

January 25-31, 2015

One of those weeks were you just feel like someone has HACKED into your life. Just can't get it right.

Sunday 01.25
Woke up at 4 am to finish all my ward conference preparations. The topic the ward assigned was friendship. I enjoyed studying that the past week. "The only way to have a friend is to be one." - Emerson
"I hope, I pray, I plead with you, every one of you, to embrace every new member of the Church. Make a friend of him or her. Hold onto them." - President Hinckley

We attended sacrament in our ward because Kurt was speaking. The Bishop asked him to speak on a topic that he thought the ward needed to hear. He spoke on selfishness. And did a wonderful job.

Jane and I then drove over to Parma 1. I arrived just in time to teach YW. We met the rest family in Nyssa so we could attend the Spanish meeting. I especially enjoyed singing the hymns in Spanish. I hope that there is hope for my abilities to learn the language. I have been diligent in spending time with Rosetta.

Kurt left with the kids and I stayed to help in the nursery since I had a meeting at the stake center a few hours later. I was tired when I finally got home at 7.

Monday 01.26
The usual after school activities. We didn't have play practice though {and yes the kids are going through withdrawals.} It did feel weird to NOT go to grandma's. Thankfully next Monday is the first one in February so we will stay for our dinner/FHE routine. We had the Booth's over for FHE at our house.
Somehow this little one got a hold of a yogurt on the way home, 
made a hole and eat the entire thing before falling asleep on the way home. 
Holy Mess.

Lucy and Emma Performed their own "Disney On Ice" witch Lucy had been talking about all day. "When I grow up I'm going to be IN Disney on Ice." She has a great big sister who made all her dreams come true when she was three. They could have performed all night.

We still have "under the sea" theme going on for our FHE treat.

Tuesday 01.27
After a hard preschool day one of the mom's told me they would not be continuing preschool when I moved out to my house. She lives in Harper and her son is struggling. Of ALL the parents, I totally get it. But it knocked me down. I felt defeated and that I was failing in every aspect of my life. Satan saw that crack and opened it wide. The day seemed to spiral downward. I recognized the destructive thoughts and went to do some service before getting the kids from school.

We had Activity Days and Scouts after school. We talked about making healthy choices and then did an 8 station exercise course. Some of the girls kept going and going and then making their own stations while the rest of us went into the kitchen to make smoothies. I had good helpers wash and cut the fruit. They were healthy AND tasty. Win Win!




Report cards came out Monday for the elementary. We got Austin's today. What to say? It is frustrating when a brilliant kid is fine with a B+. That led into a V E R Y long {hopefully productive in the end} discussion with his parents. It kills me that he is not trying to reach his potential. This parent gig is hard.

Kurt's day at work was just as challenging, actually a million times worse. His entire computer system at work was hacked into that morning. AHHHH! The amount of information that is now under security breach is overwhelming and so time consuming. It would prove to take all his time for the rest of the week and cost $8000 to fix. Kinda makes your stomach drop into depression.

In attempt to brighten the night I was trying to make hot chocolate for everyone. Epic fail. It kinda just fit the day though. The little girls have been obsessed with bubble baths lately. Grateful for this little one to bring happiness on a rotten day.



Once again Emma leads the little girls in a dance routine. She even taught Jane the moves. They were dancing to "Rockin in my School Shoes" {Pete the Cat.} Here they are pointing to their shoes. Ahhh, Jane was soooo cute. They all were. Thank you Emma for bringing joy. How are my girls NOT destined to be dancers?!! Haha


Can't forget this scout selfie I found on my phone. :)

Wednesday 01.28
Happy for a new day and while I was still humbled, my normal happy attitude was returning. Grateful for blessings of every size. 

This cutie had her annual eye check up. Exactly the same. Love our ophthalmologist.  

Ruth was sick {fever, body ache, etc...} and stayed home from school. Since it was her mommy-date day we spend lots of time reading together in my bed. We finally finished "Meet Marie-Grace" and started "Meet Cecile" {who is Marie-Grace's best friend.}





This is what lunch looks like around here.




Always feel bad when you have to haul the sick ones around. 

The fog lifted that afternoon and we saw THE SUN!! Yet another miracle. Spence enjoyed the great weather with his pup.


I had a New Beginnings in Parma to attend that night, which works perfectly since I have to pick up Emma from ballet in Parma at the same time. After Kaitlin arrived to watch the 4 youngest, I was to drop Austin off at the church for Scouts and then head to Parma. Its time to leave and I C A N N O T find the child anywhere. Search the house {twice}, its dusk and its hard to see but I'm searching the property, everywhere and cannot find him. As I'm driving up from the barn I turn into to look at the lodge. I know the large gravel pile is there and as I turn to drive around it I ram into it and I see the licence plate shoot 30 feet into the air. As I retrieve it {in my heels and skirt} I see the bumper dangling by a thread. Super-great. Breathe. Finally find the kid, he was waiting for me down at the mailbox. Apparently I should have read his mind to know that. Breathing still.

 Thursday 01.29
Ruth still feverish PLUS Spencer who woke up at 5:30 and starting puking. With TWO different bugs going on I decided to cancel preschool. Watch the progression of this poor sick kid.



He slept here for 2 hours. He was too nervous to go to his bed. That makes your heart sad.  


Ruth was helping Jane get her meditation on.

What to remember this: This is Lucy's amulet {she is just like Sofia!} She has been wearing it CONSTANTLY so she can talk to animals. "I can't take if off mom! I don't want it to be stolen!!"

Clogging Class with Adalyn

Even though Ruth didn't go to school I let her go to class. She was feeling better at that point and had missed the week before because of the play. Meanwhile Jane was amazing me with her skillz on the Kindle. It seems like they are born knowing how to navigate these devices.

Any meal time is always a mess with this little one. 


 Friday 01.30
Technically we got Austin's fair steer last week {on the left "Candy Corn" The steer on the right is "Muddy Boots" and we are just fatting him up.}But I officially signed him AND Emma up for the 2015 fair season today. Emma is taking a pig which we will get in a few months. Austin has done a great job feeding them so far.


I went to the temple with Tammy and Tonia that morning. Kaitlin watched all 4 girls at the Burhig's house. It was a good trip with lots of good discussion and insight. We just all need to love each other, no judgement.


By the time we got home that afternoon it was SO beautiful. It seriously felt like SPRING. It was 53 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. We spent the rest of the afternoon outside. It is amazing the magic sunshine is for your soul - especially after a dark, grey and foggy winter. Ahhhhhh

I forgot how much I love looking out the window and seeing Emma dancing outside.





Adalyn's family is moving into our rental and so preschool is moving out to our house. But they moved last week during the play weekend. It was next to impossible to get my preschool stuff moved out then. I took most things on Tuesday after class. It was just the bigger stuff {tables, chairs, etc...} that was left. That evening I went back into town to meet Kurt - together we loaded the rest of the stuff out, visited Grandma at the nursing home and then went out to eat. All while the kids babysat. Love that. Hot date check.




Saturday 01.31
Received a call that morning from Visa Fraud protection - my debit card had been hacked into. Not kidding. This happened to me 6 weeks ago. It takes 10 days to get a new card. So glad they caught it but still so annoying.

Happier event was this fort construction and happy play from all the kids. Love those happy creative times.


After going on a 6 mile run I got busy cleaning and enlisting the help of my troops. The project to tackle was all the preschool junk I had dumped into the mudroom and set up the new classroom.


We worked hard and got it all done. Even organized the preschool/craft closet too. The new preschool space is set up and ready to go. I think it'll work out really well. And of course the kids have been enjoying it as well. :)




It was a flurry of showers to get ready for the ward baptisms and BYU Folk Dance team. Kurt dropped the 4 oldest off at Amber's who was taking them to the BYU event. The rest of us went to the baptism. As we walked in the chapel they told me I was playing the piano which was fine but it was exactly time to start {no prelude} and Jane started screaming bloody murder when Kurt took her. She has some separation issues currently. The Devos twins and Brady Jacobs were baptized. It was a good evening. After it was over Lucy and I went over to the BYU show. We had only missed the first 20 minutes.


It was amazing and so inspiring. So glad we could go!



~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Jane will no longer say yes. Instead it is NO or UH-UN for EVERYTHING. Combined with her confusion of up and down it feels like EVERYDAY is opposite day. AHHHHH!!!
- If you say 1 Jane will say 2. If you say 8 Jane will say 9. Those are the only number patterns she knows. ;)
- Lucy was sleeping in the extra twin bed in our room {which seems to happen often if we don't want her play and singing and chatter to wake Jane.} We were all trying to sleep when she informs Kurt and I in the darkness, "I need to wear my princess mask to bed. I want to be a princess but really, I'm a rock star! Good Night Queen!!"
- Jane has learned the word, WHY??? And uses it often.
- Emma finished this painting in art this week. It was a 2 week painting. She wants to display it with our Valentine decor - sounds super. Love the leaves of the palm trees.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...