Saturday, March 7, 2015

Love is Real

February 8-14, 2015

Sunday 02.08
They now have stake conference broadcast to the Vale building because we don't all fit into the stake center. Its nice to not drive but I miss seeing everyone. Afterwards we went to the Bairs to celebrate Bryler's second birthday. Emma had made the decorations. This was the least involved I've been of any party she has planned. I am so proud of her. She does a great job! She is become more confident, planning her time appropriately. This girl amazes me.





Jane got to know Grandpa and even spent some time playing with him. 

I had a stake yw/ym meeting and then Kurt met me over there for a Ma & Pa Trek training. It is good to be making progress and moving forward on this project. I am so excited and grateful that Kurt and I will get to be Ma's and Pa's and that Austin will get to participate in this very neat experience.

As we were driving home we counted the times the kids had babysat themselves in the last 24 hours {Saturday early morning temple trip, Saturday evening adult stake conference session, Sunday evening trek meeting.} There really is someone to be said about the kids being able to babysit each other - its revolutionary and changing our lives. Personally I just feel extremely grateful that we will confident in our children. It is a beautiful thing to walk into the house and hear them all laughing and playing together after we've been gone for a few hours.


Monday 02.09
Last Friday at school, Senora Brito and I were talking about Essential Oils and she made the comment, "So that's your secret." I thought about that comment all weekend. NO!! That is not my "secret!" The gospel of Jesus Christ is my "secret" only its not a secret. I thought about it through all of stake conference and I knew I needed to make sure she understood that my faith is what defines me and give me strength. I asked Kurt to get me a Spanish Book of Mormon that I could give to her, Emma Lynn. Spencer and Ruth have all had Senora Brito for their kindergarten teacher. And she is currently Austin's language group teacher. I asked each of them to write a short testimony for her. My plan was to give her the book after Girl Scouts but that morning Ruth was very excited to give her the book. I couldn't tell her no. So I wrote a card, explaining and my testimony for Ruth to give. I was grateful after Girl Scouts that I saw her and we were able to speak for a few minutes. She told me that she was also a believer but she has been neglecting her prayers. I challenged her to pray more regularly. That evening when I was talking to Kurt about it we both knew that some follow up action needed to happen in the next few days. 10 minutes later she asked me {via text} to pray for her. I responded with two Book of Mormon scripture references. I am grateful for opportunities to share the gospel and that my children would also be involved in the process.


I ran into these two cuties in the hall at school. I love this friendship, what a blessing. 

We made Valentine's, necklaces and played games in Girl Scouts. A nice break from badge work.

Look at Jane's eyeing the candy. hahaha

 Got some!

Spencer was teasing Wayne and Dan at RPM after school so this was their solution. I wonder if he learned his lesson? He still looks like he's having too much fun! ;)

Tuesday 02.10
Spencer had his first drum lesson after school! I called the Ontario Music Store {Grief's} back in December after he got his drum set for Christmas. They had one teacher on file and so I contacted him. We finally were able to coordinate a day/time and have Spence healthy enough to start. The lesson are $20 each which I think is quite expensive, so we will try it out and see how it goes... His name is Eddie Wheeler, a pastor at the Nazarene Church. I was a little uneasy to turn him over to a guy I had never met before so the little girls walked the halls {they had the door open} and listened as much as we could without being disruptive. He enjoyed it and was very proactive about practicing for the rest of the week.

We went straight to the church for Activity Days and Scouts {Austin walked over to piano.} We talked about the parable of the Good Samaritan, acted it out and then introduced a visitor I had asked to come speak to the girls, "Agent Sneaky." Agent Sneaky gave each of the girls a TOP SECRET envelop containing their mission: 14 days of secret service {glasses provided to maintain sneakiness.}
 This picture is a binding document that they accepted their mission. 
 We got to work right away with our first mission: Heart Attack the Bishop's office. They left feeling excited and pumped up to maintain their service in sneakiness, 

I asked Emma that evening if she was embarrassed by Agent Sneaky and she said "no, it was fun!" I'm grateful we haven't reached that stage of life (yet) and we are still fun AND friends.

Meanwhile the Cub Scouts whipped out these birdhouses. They had an impressive amount of helpers and assembly line to make this many houses. They even finished 15 minutes early. We have great leaders. This was the very LAST requirement Spencer needed to finish his Wolf badge. Yay. 


 PS Austin ROCKED his piano lesson! All his practicing paid off. This mama is happy.

Wednesday 02.11
I canceled running with Maria W. so I could get ready for my trip this weekend. Loaded up on groceries and was putting them in the trunk when Maria D. pulled up and gave me a hug! What a fun surprise and super way to start the day. We went and had a quick breakfast at Subway.

After taking these pictures I learned two things: put on make-up every day and I am a terrible at taking selfies.

I got all the meals prepared, instructions for the babysitters written up and RTO relay hotel info researched {that was my assignment for the group and I needed to get it done before we left.}
                                    
                              This always makes me feel like super woman {freezer meals.}

On the way to pick the kids up from school I learned that Claire was sick and therefore not going to ballet. I found Emma a ride there with Collette {from Nyssa} and then I would pick her up. We took Austin back to Vale so he could attend scouts, dropped Emma off in Nyssa and then picked up Ruth from her ballet class. That gave us one hour to eat dinner at Wingers before driving to Star.

                                         
There are a lot of things that happen in our car. But this spontaneous game Austin made up, "Baby Trivia" is one of my favorites. He is so good with little kids. Jane LOVED the attention and the giggles it produced from her were so adorable. That is the best way to travel. Focus on the good.

 Dinner

We got there 10 minutes before class ended and I parked where I could see into the classroom. That was enjoyable. Emma told me that she is always nervous for class but every week when class is over she is proud of herself. The next day I received a nice text from her teacher about how she appreciates Emma and her hard work is paying off. I'm so grateful for this experience for her, there are so many lessons she is learning that are invaluable.

Lucy had had a long nap during the course of our travels and wasn't tired when we got home. So at 9:30 pm we started working on her Valentine's box. Surprise, surprise she wanted it to look like Belle. Here is what we came up with:
{Belle's name is on the front of the box.}

Thursday 02.12
The kids have been riding in with Sister Bodily {Emma teacher} on preschool days. They meet at 7:05 am which means its early enough that Kurt can just take them in when he goes to work and the kids like it because they are super early to school and I like it because we don't have to live the house. 

We finished the preparations for the preschool Valentine party. Including getting beautimus - since it was a party I put on light blush and lipstick. She was so excited!


Near the end of class Lucy left to go to the bathroom. It was taking quite a while and I started to wonder what she was doing. Just at that moment she came back, her lipstick refreshed and a darker shade. haha that girl!
 Here she is after the party with her full box of treats, rose from Zettie and crown from me. She felt so beautiful. "Valentine's is the perfect princess day." Lucy loved all the hugs and treats and expressions of love. This might be her new favorite holiday.

At the end of preschool I got a text from the school that Spence was sick with stomach issues {again.} He went to lunch shortly thereafter but that didn't settle well and was back in the office, so after a blow out from Jane we went to pick him up. I called our peds office on the way to make him an appointment. He has missed at least one day of school each week for over a month.
 After meeting with Dr. Sage and answering a hundred questions we went down for an x-ray to make sure everything was ok. We got the results back later that afternoon. Basically his stomach is infamed from prolonged sickness. Thankfully there is no growths or abnormalities but some blockage. He is on meds for 14 days to restore healthy flora in his stomach and then miralax to relieve the blockage.


I took the boys home {so Spence could rest} before dropping the girls at Art and then heading to Fruitland for clogging. It was a beautiful day {it has felt more like spring than February this week. No complaints here!} While the clogging classes were going we took turns going to the park across the street. Jane LOVED slide. She would go down and immediate say, "Again. Again." and confidently climb back up the steps to do it again.



Emma finished another painting in class this week. Another sunset, don't you think it will be perfect to display during the summer? They are really cranking out the paintings lately. Love this artist.

Friday 02.13
Good morning Friday. Sunrise through the fog.


Unfortunately Spence was up a lot of the night with terrible stomach pain. It continued in the morning and so he was unable to go to school {and missed his Valentine's party.} That also meant we didn't go help at the parties either. Life of a mother is flexible.

Like EVERY year that Emma has gone to school she created EACH Valentine for her classmates by hand. She starts the beginning of February to get them all done. Look at the details of these animals.


Ruth did eraser and little notebooks {Valentine friendship cannot be erased.} And Spence wanted to do balloons again. He did it last year but it said everyone loved it so he wanted to do it again. Ruth delivered his valentines to his class since he wasn't able to attend.

Ruth's special heart hair do.

These are the cute bags the kids made at school. I love seeing the things they create.

Since Kurt and I were leaving for our trip on Saturday {Valentine's Day} we celebrated with the kids that evening. We had dinner followed by our traditional Valentine's hunt. 

                                       
Even though we wont be around to enjoy them Kurt bought me roses, one for each of the kids and himself.  They each express a reason why they loved me. I'm blessed with a thoughtful husband.

Since Spence had missed his party at school I had him help me with this. He wrote all the poem clues:

1. You leave yellow puddles and chocolate buttons {bathroom - he laughed long about this one.}

2.  Where your shoes drop their mud {mudroom.}

 3. The place to get a snack late at night.
 

4. Mom wants us to pound and play {piano.}


5. Something about the playroom - I don't remember and it was too messy in their that it stressed me so I didn't take a picture.

6. Mom and dad love to lay their head down.


Grateful for a heart full of love for so many amazing people in my life. I am beyond blessed.
Kurt and I both pulled a late nights and early morning to get ready for our trip.

Saturday 02.14
designed by Emma

Amber came at 7 am and after lots of hugs and instructions we were out the door. We went first to the temple. Our ward was doing the 10 am session in preparation for ward conference the next day. It is always a wonderful experience to go with your ward family members.

Straight to the airport to catch our 1 pm flight. In the parking lot I changed into shorts in anticipation of the warm Arizona weather. Sorry to all those I'm blinding with my white legs. ;)


We had a free upgrade when we went to get our rent-a-car. Camaro Convertible. We feel like pretty hot stuff, haha. Its a fun change from our normal suburban life.


We found an amazing little joint to eat dinner. We love to find authentic, hole-in-the-wall places. 
We were both so full afterwards we had to roll out. 


Kurt came prepared with romantic items to finish our Valentine's Day together. FYI fresh rose petals will stain. This was soooo funny to me. After googling we found that it will come out {using clear Dawn dish soap and hydroxide peroxide.}

~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Marie Grace often joins us for dinner {and therefore Lucy will make sure that Belle does too.} One night she set up her own cafe next to the table.

- Designs from Emma using Rhonda Designs


- Magically my phone home screen had changed to this midweek. Thanks for the inspiration Austin
- I love that this kid likes to hang out with me. So you forget who you are put a sticker on your face. 

- Conversation:
Lucy: I want to talk to you about my feelings.
Me: Ok. How do you feel Lucy?
L: I just feel so grateful for dad.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...