Saturday, March 7, 2015

Back to Real Life

January 4-10, 2015

01.04
9 AM CHURCH! woot woot. We were 10 minutes early {or right on time by Kurt's standard} and it felt so good. Even better was Austin's super help get ready {peeling potatoes, getting food in the crock pot and shoes and coats on the little girls.} We can do this!

It was also Lucy's first Sunday as a SUNBEAM! And she was beaming all day. She didn't even want me to take her up to Primary. Sister Jessica Hiatt is her teacher and she loved being so big like the other kids.





I love my primary class and that this cute girl thinks its fun to have matchy matchy skirts!

No one from our ward was going to the Spanish branch {new to our stake in Nyssa} so we headed home. Extra blessing that lunch was already taken care of {we had packed a lunch to eat on our way to the Spanish branch.} Being prepared is a great thing. I also had to time to get the kitchen cleaned up and kids situated before my meetings in Nyssa. I love 9 am church.

01.05
Back to reality. School is back in session. The kids did well to get up early but they were all tired by the end of the day. I forgot how busy my "real life" is. HAHA. Also the time to hit those new years goals with full force - Rosetta and I - my new bestie!


Breakfast with Angelica at the Plaza, Hair cut from Amy {wish I had done it BEFORE all my company came over Christmas, I was so shaggy! The dramatic A-line is gone. Kurt immediately noticed my hair cut. While he is ever supportive, I think he is happy its gone.}


Cavities filled for Spencer during his lunch - welcome to the new year! No fun but had to be done.


Made a visit to make sure a friendship wasn't damaged, home to run a quick 2 miles and keep the laundry moving before Girl Scouts, ballet, and play practice. Spence was the only one who had play practice, the rest of us ate pizza and Grandma Romans and then had FHE. It has been a great thing to share with them, I'm grateful. My plan is to continue to do it once a month.

01.06
Driving into town to meet Kerri for carpool I found out she was out of town, and so was Kurt {just a day trip to Fields.} So I called and texted the preschool parents and took the kids to school. That was the start of a just-kinda-off-day. Preschool was weird. Lots of kids didn't show and/or transition issues {again - still!}

Niki and kids came to preschool house for an hour so we could visit and study while they played. That was really good. Girl Scout meeting - cookie sales start next week - WHAT?!! How is it time for that?!

After school we were able to ALL go home. Spence had Cub Scouts but Jolene picked him up at the highway. It was amazing and greatly appreciated as we are easing back into "real life." There was LOTS of dancing, lots of books and maybe my favorite moment of the night - Austin got on the treadmill and ran 2 miles without anyone prompting him. WOW! Encouraging that to happen again.


Kurt got home from Fields a little before midnight. He had a 4 wheel wreck but thankfully is ok except for being bruised and sore. Shortly thereafter Jane was up all night for pure crabbiness and Lucy threw up.


01.07
I didn't volunteer due to the late night and sick girls. It was good. I always need at least ONE day at home for a few hours for a breather. Phew.

Look how my obsessed princess Sofia feel asleep on the way to get the kids from school. She brought the box to carry all her treasures in.

 Got a car wash while Ruth was at ballet - I couldn't even see out my back window. Got to love the moisture {YES I DO - WE NEED IT!!!} Love these happy helpers.


We spent the rest of our "waiting" time at the library. I LOVE that it is my kids happy place. And the timing was perfect because it was the opening day/kick off of the Winter Reading Program! Extra fun times. We will have to get Ruth and Emma signed up next week since they were at dance.


01.08
After preschool {again a weird day - 4 kids were sick.} Kaitlin came and picked up the girls and took them home. I changed clothes and headed to the temple. I met Michelle Belnap there. We were able to do the 1 pm session. My plan was to go home pick up kids from school and get them situated to head back to the temple with our trek committee. The weather has been CRA-ZAY-ZZZ all week - terrible fog, freezing rain and other miserable winter conditions. I decided not to chance it {the rushing back and forth} and asked Kurt to pick them up and meet me at the temple. Which meant - I spent a random Thursday at the temple. WOW. That was a beautiful gift. 2 sessions and 15 initorties. In a world full of darkness, and confusion how blessed we are to have a beacon of light.


01.09
Since I was at the temple all day on Spencer's mommy date day {8th of the month}I surprised him and picked him up for lunch. We did something we rarely do and got a happy meal. The treat was perfect, a book.


I love this silly, handsome, hard working boy.

Then we took Jane to her 1 year check up. Yes, that's right, 1 year even though today she is officially 18 months. Our Dr. Sage moved clinics right when her 1 year check up was scheduled...it took me this long to call and schedule at the new office. Yikes. The result was 6 shots and a blood check. Double yikes. She was NOT happy with me! So sorry baby girl. :(
                                        
Lucy was hiding so she wouldn't see Jane cry. 

I had a novels worth of paper work to fill out and luckily Disney Junior was on in the waiting room - perfect cure for Jane's tears.

01.10
It was some kind of miracle that we didn't have anything on the schedule. WORK DAY. Kurt and Kyle {Lili's husband that has helped us seasonally}were building pens down at the barn {we need to get Austin's fair steer soon.} I worked on house cleaning. Work days are always good.

 some sledding might have been involved during the "working"

That night I went over to Darla's who sewed me a pioneer skirt, apron and bonnet for our Trek Fireside the next day. She is an AMAZING friend!! I wish I was talented to whip out something like that in a day, mainly I'm grateful for stellar friends.


~~~Romans Reflections~~~
- Jane's vocab has doubled, maybe tripled in the last week. It is SOOOO fun and so much easier to communicate! The screaming has decreased. YAY. The older kids think she is the best toy as she parrots. Its too fun.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...