Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dancing Shoes

9 days after Ruth was born my dear friend Rachel Johnson started an adult clogging class. I had to go and I'm so glad I did! I LOVED every second of it and found my feet clogging every possible moment in between. When we performed for the recital in May it was such a natural rush, it was exhilarating to be up on the stage.

We performed yesterday in part of the 4th of July festivities. Unfortunately it wasn't as great as our first performance, for me at least. Almost as soon as the song started I could tell my right shoe was having some major issues. Moments later the sole came up completely and the heel was on the verge of following the same course. I was completely flustered, lost my place in the dance & stood there momentarily dazed. Somehow I managed to get back into the swing of things but never fully recovered from the first initial blow. I'm just frustrated that I didn't have more dance savvy to keep going during the shock of it all even though my shoes was ruin to all get out. I know that dance, dang it! Do you want me to show you?

2 comments:

'T' said...

and if you make a choice to sit it out or dance... i hope you dance!
-- one of my favorite songs -- good for you rachel, i think every mom needs a goodie for themselves like dance lessons. xo tiniel

Tia J said...

I am so impressed you started this studio I don't know how you do. yes I do you are amazing!! I want to see your website. You know if my kids were close they would be involved and I would love it too.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...