Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mrs. Wagner

My friend Marji called this afternoon, "So what class is Austin in?" I was completely stunned. When I registered him for kindergarten this spring they told me teacher assignments would come out in August. I thought I was still safe, I have a couple more weeks until the month of August "officially" starts...right??? WRONG! But of course I was dying of curiosity to know who's class he was in so I immediately went to the mail box & tore open the envelop. Mrs. Wagner.

That was the teacher I requested so I was happy about that. I think she'll be great for Austin's personality. Naturally I had to spend the next 10 minutes calling all our preschool buddies to see who was in what class.

In the quiet hours of the night when I was finally alone I had to cry. I wasn't ready for this news today. And I'm honest with myself, I wouldn't be ready if it came next week, or in August as they had promised or even 2 years from now. I'm NOT ready for this next stage in life. BUT HE IS. It's time to move on to the next stage in life, it is an exciting time! The reality is that in 42 days Austin will start kindergarten at Vale Elementary school in Mrs. Wagner's class.

2 comments:

'T' said...

Rachel- I feel your heartache. I understand! You are a mommy who has taught him so well, he will do great in school. Good luck with everything getting read for 'K'. With love, TiNieL p.s. I still want to hear how Elaine met her fiance ect.

TulsaT said...

That is so sweet. I balled like a baby the first day of kindergarten. The only other mom there crying, Tanya, has become a good friend and I am sure we will cry againg this year when they will be gone all day.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...