Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bad Parenting Reality Check

The worse has come true. Not only are Rooster's teeth really and truly rotting out of her mouth but it is due to my bad parenting.

All Aboard the guilt trip train!

You can definitely tell she is the baby of our family! All the things I said I would never do, I AM DOING! Mainly just letting her get away with things the older ones wouldn't even dream about. I've gone soft and realized, they are only little for a short time! Hence the reason she was just weaned from the bottle a little less than 2 weeks ago. It was easier to let her keep it than fight it which is why she had it for so long. But that bottle (that was constantly full of milk and apple juice) is the culprit of her horrible teeth situation. Granted I don't have the best teeth genes in the world either but...aaahhhhhh!!!!

So this major dental work is going to require putting her completely under at the hospital. Not cheap or easy. We are weaning her cold turkey from the sippy cup as of tonight (wish me luck! She went to sleep without much trouble but the night could be LONG...) Coupled with intense teeth brushing and then back to the dentist in 6 weeks to reevaluate. She is still young so the dentist is hoping to get a few more month under her belt before we dive into the serious dental work.

I'm sorry Rooster.

2 comments:

Marti Bair said...

Oh I am so sorry. If it makes you feel any better I know for a fact that your kids eat healthier than mine. This blog motivated me to try harder.

'T' said...

never ever could you be a bad parent.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...