Friday, October 9, 2009

Weaned amongst other things

8 days ago I let Rooster pick out a new sippy cup from Wal-Mart. She picked a Minnie Mouse 2 pack (it was also the closest one within her reach.) We made a big deal out of these cups and she was so proud of them.



7 days ago I threw away all the bottles in our house. I was determined to be firm this time, we were going to succeed at this no matter what!

That was also the same day she started throwing up. This was followed by diarrhea, fever, coughing, runny nose and lots more vomiting. She was so miserable! I have never had a kid have every symptom at once. Monday and Tuesday morning she spent with Grandma Cindy while I taught preschool. She still wasn't getting better so Tuesday we set off for the Dr. as soon as I picked her up. Things were complicated in the fact that her pediatrician wasn't taking any patients until Thursday. AHHH! She still wasn't keeping anything down so I didn't want to wait that long. We opted for the walk-in clinic in Fruitland. The waiting room....uummm...that is germ infested bacteria breeding playground. It was almost 3 hours before we saw the Dr. The ear infections were back (probably never went away, just got worse) and pneumonia. They wanted to do x-rays but Ruth was completely fried by this point. It would have been next to impossible to get her to be still for the x-ray. They had to check her oxygen levels again the next day so I suggested we do the x-rays then (if they were still needed.) So we filled her prescriptions (another hour wait) and headed home.

I rescheduled Wednesday's preschool class for Friday and canceled volunteering in Austin's class therefore freeing my schedule to spend another day in the germ pool. Emma played at Jacqlyn's both days which was nice for both of us. Spencer came down with a high fever Tuesday night so Wednesday when they were rechecking Ruth I asked them to look at him real quick. Ear infections. He has been doing great since we got him on antibiotics so quick (its nice we caught that one fast!) But Ruth's oxygen levels had improve in 24 hours so we didn't have to do the x-rays (thank you!!!) and are continuing on our current course of treatment. Today was the first real time I saw my rooster back. I MISSED YOU!!!

Amongst all this you are weaned from the bottle! Way to perform under pressure. You are making steps to the big girl world. Always bitter sweet for the mom. But I'm proud of you and so happy you are feeling better!


celebrating her success (with balloons from Traci's baby shower.)




Through the eyes of the party girl!

2 comments:

'T' said...

oh rachel- you did it. ok, now i need courage to take eli of the binki. he still struggles with sleeping all night and i don't know if I'M ready :) good job, get better all!

mom said...

Grateful Ruthie and Spencer are healthier! Love your Minnie Cup Ruthie! Great choice! Congratulations on being a cup drinking gal! Love you!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...