Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference. What a feast, rejuvenation, and strengthening!

Kurt worked Saturday so the kids and I were on our own for listening. For the morning session we kept the tradition of popcorn and pop. Everyone had Conference Notebooks and we kept busy coloring, word searching, listening for Bingo words and drawing portraits of the apostles.



Saturday afternoon we pulled out the sleeping bags and pillows for a cozy picnic of pizza and listening. (I'm not sure what it is about conference that inspires our "P" food theme ~ maybe cause conference is PERFECT!)



Ruth got sick Thursday night with the flu (throwing up & diarrhea) and while that got better a cold came on Friday (fever, running nose, cough.) Saturday the flu symptoms came back. So we have cold and flu combined! The poor rooster is so miserable! Kurt took the older 3 in to watch the Sunday morning session at church (another tradition.) We were all together at the house for the afternoon. Ruth even got off my lap and ventured on her own for a few minutes (maybe there's hope that she'll get better!)

I really enjoyed Elder Bednar and Elder Christofferson's talks - I can't wait to dive into them again (and again!) I also really enjoyed the emphasis on the Holy Ghost and personal revelation in the first session.


I made Austin and Emma a bunch of word searches during the course of the weekend. At the very end Emma wanted to make one for me. This is what she made. I love it!

Emma asked, "Is dad going to be a prophet when he gets bigger?"

Austin said that he feels, "more than super good" when he listens to President Monson speak.

Emma: "Are the scriptures very real?"
ME: yes.
Emma: "Then Jesus is VERY real."
ME: Yes!

1 comment:

mom said...

Poor rooster. We'll be praying for you to get better.

I too liked the talks you mentioned. The music was really amazing, so beautiful!

Elder Hollands was so powerful and so perfect for seminary students! YES!

It was a good conference.

I love your traditions. We went out to lunch between Saturday sessions. That's one of my favorite traditions, no cooking!!! Your P food is perfect!

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...