Friday, April 16, 2010

Beautiful Mind

I am in love with my children's minds. They are so brilliant. I love the clever things they say. I love the logic they use to figure out the world around them. I love their honesty and purity.

Right after Easter I listened to the following conversation:

Emma Lynn: Jesus is going to come again to the world. We need to tell everyone that he is going to come.

Spencer: How can we let everyone know?

Emma Lynn: maybe we could write it down.

Spencer: or yell real loud.

Emma Lynn: Let's go to a movie station and make a movie for the world to see.

Spencer: YA! Hey, world! Jesus is going to come again!

{laughter at their brilliant plan.}

~~~~~~

I asked Austin if he had any homework. He told me it was already done. His assignment was to invent something. He made the design, found all the equipment and got it built before I could even offer to help. This was obviously an assignment he was excited to do. He invented a dryer that doesn't use electricity.

Here is his blueprint:


~~~~~~

The very next day Austin came to me and asked if he could have the photo album he had found. I told him sure. He got to work on a secret plan. A little while later he showed me what he had been working on. A diary. I love that this was completely his own idea and every time he writes in it is of his own accord.


{April 13, 2010
O.k. there are four more days until my birthday. I'm so excited! I'l be seven! And tomorrow's Lunch is pizza. And I'm hungry! O.k. Good bye for today! See ya!}

1 comment:

Ben and Elaine said...

Hilaruous and touching, your kids are wonderful. II'm glad you got your camera/computer working. :) Love the pictures.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...