Monday, April 26, 2010

THE Bird

Saturday was another one of those days when it was pointless to own a home because we were not in it. Kurt was making another superman change (from work clothes into suit clothes) when he called me.

"There is a crazy bird that keeps flying into the dining room window. Don't open the door cause it's trying to get into the house."

By the time I got back to the house much later that day I found out what he was talking about. The bird was not only flying into the window but pecking at it, annoying and relentless. {Actually I found it pretty creepy.} I made a sign for the window to make sure the kids didn't accidentally let it in:

"Don't open the door. {Crazy bird trying to come in.}"

Kurt gave a fabulous leadership training in ward council yesterday about this crazy bird (which is the point of this post.) Satan is like this bird. Annoying and relentless, pecking at us, flying in all directions trying to get into our lives. Trying to tempt us. We have to keep the door shut, we cannot let him in. Last night he gave the same message to the kids at scripture study. The key phase at our house is, "Keep the Door Shut!"

3 comments:

'T' said...

he's (Satan, not Kurt!) been pecking at me today, thanks for this reminder. he won't win :)

mom said...

Perfect analogy, I love it! We should share it with our seminary students!

Marti Bair said...

The kids were telling me all about it on Sunday. Crazy.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...