Saturday, April 3, 2010

Soccer Season

It has started again. I convinced Austin to sign up again this year (he took a break from soccer last year.) What that means is practices 2 nights a week plus games on Saturday. I like soccer because it is great exercise. Spencer is in for his second year (instruction on Saturday.) Braxton is also doing it this year so Spencer is so happy about that. They have 2 timid girl coaches. With a little direction we'll all get there.

Friday's practice for Austin was miserable because it was raining and super windy. I don't know why they didn't cancel. For that matter I don't know why we went! But after 50 minutes of soaking wet running and drills Austin ran past me, "I'm done." And got straight in the car. You don't have to tell me twice.

I really enjoyed cheering for him during the game on Saturday. It was the first real game experience we had. They didn't win (3 goals were scored for the opposing team within 2 minutes of the game starting. They took pity on us and subbed out their super star player who look like a 4th grader.)

Early morning soccer means FREEZING weather. Time to bundle up for all the side line cheering this season.


my soccer boys


Austin's first game


Buddies in action




Trying to stay warm.

No comments:

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...