Thursday, December 2, 2010

SNOW DAY

Wednesday morning I woke up at 6 am to a text telling me it was a SNOW DAY! I looked out the windows to see that the snow had not ceased all night.


This was right outside the preschool door. There was about 10 in areas of the yard not protected by an awning. Other parts of Vale reported 11 and 12 inches.

Even though I was so excited to have a break in the routine both of my school kids were disappointed. And of course Emma Lynn cried. At least they like school, right???

They quickly got over it. We turned on the Christmas music and got the house decorated.


We drank hot chocolate like our lives depended on it.

We read countless Christmas stories.

And Kurt came home to play in the snow with us! We went sledding at Grandma & Grandpa Miles'. Everyone had such a fun time! Even Ruth, "Dad, that was awesome!"





The horses LOVED Spencer (and took off the second Austin came near.)











Kurt told us that there would be too much snow in the mountains to cut down our own Christmas tree this year. {{I was really sadden by this, it's our tradition!}} So he bought one and brought it home and we had it decorated that night. I will say that it is the most beautiful tree I remember us having {but I still hope we can continue our tradition in 2011!}



I think a snow day every Wednesday could be a really great thing.

3 comments:

mom said...

Love seeing the happy faces! I hope Moma also had the opportunity to sled...besides taking adorable pictures. Your tree is pretty...like your children...like yoU! It makes me smile to hear Emma Lynn cried there was no school and Spencer petting the horse is a priceless pic as well as Ruthie's face seating on her Dad's lap ready to slide down the hill! Happy Holidays!

Ben and Elaine said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you could enjoy the snow too, only wish we were closer so we could play in it together. :) There's nothing like snow to make it feel like Christmas.

TulsaT said...

Looks like a ton of fun. We got a dusting, and by dusting, I mean barely even that and the kids were begging to get dressed and go play in it.

This is Halloween Nite!

October 28 - November 3, 2018 Sunday, 10.28 Monday, 10.29 Tuesday, 10.30 Wednesday, 10.31 Thursday, 11.01 Friday, 11.02...